GS vs RS susp components

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
mykel78

GS vs RS susp components

Post by mykel78 »

I have a 94 RS, just bought a 93 GS parts car with bad tranny. My RS struts are worn. I'm wondering if these parts can be swapped from the GS: struts, springs front upper strut mount plate. Any ideas?
If not broke - don't fix, modify. If broke - fix it right, and make it better.
papa roached

Re: GS vs RS susp components

Post by papa roached »

everything should work, you might wanna try swaping in the rear disk brakes too, and the front cross brace on he controll arms and the rear tie bar, the GS springs for hte front will have a higher rate, so use the RS ones and i have heard the front disks on the GS are a tiny bit bigger than the RS ones
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
mykel78

Post by mykel78 »

oh yeah, believe it, I'm swapping all that, plus more stuff. and the front rotors are a little bigger (almost one inch), so I'll be checking that out too. I read somewhere that the strut towers are different, so was concerned about strut fitment. Thanks man!
mykel78

Post by mykel78 »

Just took a look at the front brakes on both cars. The rotors are the same and the calipers have the same number engraved on them. Bear in mind they are different years. Maybe the front rotors on the 92/93 RS are slightly smaller than 93GS and 94RS?
Oh, and the front crossmember: I'd read in the FAQ that this is an easy part to swap. NO. There is a mount piece for the crossmember bolts that is not on my RS. Therefore one would have to be fabricated, or maybe holes can be tapped, not sure yet
Sway bars: Same diameter. I measured the rear, but not the front - it started raining again.

<small>[ October 10, 2004, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: projexladen ]</small>

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”