Stupid End Links

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
SimonPK

Stupid End Links

Post by SimonPK »

Anybody got any tips for getting the end links off - I got the nut off only so far before the joint starting turning. I tried putting a hex key in the end to hold it but it rounded off. I am going to have to resort to cutting the link off?

thnx
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Re: Stupid End Links

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

yes, cutting seems a very common requirement. Are you replacing with factory stock ones or something else?
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

I was able to get 1 cleanly off, the other 3 had to all be cut off with an angle grinder. Wasn't a fun job at all, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

has to cut mine...there's no other way they would've come out
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

and when I think about it, we did my buddy's earlier in the winter and all 4 of his had to be cut off.
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
Taras

Post by Taras »

I cut mine off. A few years ago though I also took them off, but without cutting them. I cleaned the thread with a dremel and wire wheel, then sprayed it plenty with Liquid Wrench. Let it soak and then was able to take the nut off.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
SimonPK

Post by SimonPK »

just going to replace with new Mazda links - nothing special. I'm glad it's not just me that has had trouble with these things. Canadian Tire have a 105 piece Mastercraft "Dremel" which I'll I'll get in the morning
MarcJ

Post by MarcJ »

Where did you guys get your replacement endlinks? Are end links part of any bushings kits?
Thanks,
Marc
tonguefreek

Post by tonguefreek »

perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Where did you guys get your replacement endlinks? Are end links part of any bushings kits?
I'm installing stabilizer bar Energy Suspension bushings front & rear on a 95 RS. After much research, apparently no one makes urethane aftermarket end links for the MX-3. In fact, the front bar bushings I got from Energy Suspension will require some modification as they are not manufactured for the MX-3 either but can be made to fit the bar.

This is not an option for the end links though, due to the somewhat unusual design of this part for the MX-3. I plan on cking a local perf. shop to see about the type mentioned in that other thread link above. If I go with stock end link replacements (already know the old ones will require cutting off), I'll order them from http://www.trussvillemazda.com/partsstore/ as these guys seem to have the best price compared to my local Mazda dealership. The quote trussville sent me as follows:

Jim,
The part number for the front is EA03-34-170A. The list price is $31.60 each and we sell them for $25.28 each plus shipping. The part number for the rear is EA01-28-170D. The list price is $45.80 each and we sell them for $36.64 each. We do not keep them in stock so it will take a few days to get them here and then we can ship them to you. We do not have these part's on our website yet. The best way to place your order would be to call us at 800-633-8285 from 7:30 AM till 6:00 PM Central time or Fax us the Shipping and Billing information to 205-836-0195 anytime. We accept payment by credit card.
Thanks,
Marshall

I couldn't find any other online parts supplier with even the stock end link replacements. Hope this helps.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Originally posted by MarcJ:
Thanks,
Marc
got mine from tongue freek on the board...they are suppose to be solid end links...still waiting for them though
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”