KVR Brake Upgrade, or Slotted or CD Rotors, or Both...

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Zebaj

KVR Brake Upgrade, or Slotted or CD Rotors, or Both...

Post by Zebaj »

We can custom manufacture a brake upgrade for any car, or we can supply
cross-drilled or slotted rotors. What would you like? Please respond with
previous e-mails

Gary

----- Original Message -----
To: "info" <info@kvrperformance.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 1:39 PM
Subject: Re: Comments From KVR Site

> Mazda MX-3 GS 1993.
> If you need any other specifications please feel free to ask, they are all
handy.
>

This is the latest email about upgrading my brake system. Don't know if anyone is interested, KVR seems to have some nice product lines and is pretty professional grade. If I get a quote for each of the mentioned above by Gary, and then post it; I would like to know if someone would want the same? Here is their website : https://www.kvrperformance.com/index.html

:2thumbsup:
Steeb

Re: KVR Brake Upgrade, or Slotted or CD Rotors, or Both...

Post by Steeb »

auto zone rotors will work just the same. want better brakes? get better pads
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Zebaj

Post by Zebaj »

Ok guys, here are the parts and prices
---------------------------------------
Part - Either Cross Drilled or Gas Slotted (not both)
Front Rotor (1) - US $94.00
CAD 124.51

Rear Rotor (1) - US $98.00
CAD 129.81

Cad Plating (per disc) - US $18
CAD 23.84

Carbon Fiber Pads (set of 2)
Front - US $46.00
CAD 60.92

Rear - US $52.00
CAD 68.87

So theres the info, there is a dealer of KVR parts 15 mins away from where I am. Group Buy will work with both parties (KVR and Swedish Dynamics). I will probably be getting a set for Christmas, if you guys are interested you need to contact me, and I guess if this gets past development I'd have to talk with Barry or an Admin.
Contacting Jon Zeman
Email : Jonathan.Zeman@umit.maine.edu
Please use Email only, no PM. Thanks.
:2thumbsup:
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

i say again autozone, pepboys, brembo, kvr, whatever rotors you use.... it is still a rotor. different brand rotors will do the same amount of stopping.

IF YOU WANT STOPPING POWER GET GOOD PADS & CHEAP ROTORS, ULL BE FINE!!! NO NEED TO WASTE MONEY ON EXPENSIVE ROTORS. ROTORS ARE ROTORS NO MATTER HOW MUCH CASH YOU DROP ON THEM ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE ALL THE SAME STOCK SIZE.

http://www.carbotecheng.com/main.htm

pads at the above link are cheaper than your pads to start with. perhaps it would be a better idea to get a gb going with this company instead.

[QUOTE]www.precisionbrakescompany.com

I like these guys.[QUOTE]

im sure everyone likes these brakes but you will NEVER need brakes like those on cars like ours unless we see you on speedvision.
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Werd to what steeb said. I put cross drilled and slotted rotors on my car and noticed that the breaking was a little softer and faded a little more. They actually heated up QUICKER!! SO WEIRD! Wilwood makes a big break kit for our cars, but unless you autocross or road course race, you probably won't need them unless you just like the looks of them...like me. :D
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

if you road race or autox in our small lightweight cars you probably still wont need anything like that. rotors are heat sinks more the better, crossdrilled and slotted are more eye candy like cadnium plated.

if you want a rotor upgrade look at the link below
http://www.323gtx.homestead.com/brakes.html
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

o yah. saving money is good, leaves more for other parts. ;)
Street-Import
Supporting Member

Post by Street-Import »

hi, is the 323 rotors the same as the mx3 one? if so that would be a nice convertion to do from the link you posted...

I like it :)
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Originally posted by Steeb:
if you road race or autox in our small lightweight cars you probably still wont need anything like that. rotors are heat sinks more the better, crossdrilled and slotted are more eye candy like cadnium plated.

if you want a rotor upgrade look at the link below
http://www.323gtx.homestead.com/brakes.html
Big brake kits usually come with added pistons in the caliper and new brake lines. Talking to a guy that races 1st gen mx-6's, getting the big brake kit for road racing helped reduce brake fading and disipated the heat much more efficiently. Now he doesn't go through rotor's like he did underwear, lol. This point was also illustrated on a few Best Motoring dvd's.

BUT, what you are saying is mostly true. I've seen Civic's with bigger brake kit's stop WORSE then with there stock brakes. I had a magazine article that did a test and that was the result.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

Originally posted by Pat:
hi, is the 323 rotors the same as the mx3 one? if so that would be a nice convertion to do from the link you posted...
I like it :)
its not the same. its a bit thicker and a bit wider in diameter. u have to modify the hub ears and use longer studs. but yess after that it will work
Street-Import
Supporting Member

Post by Street-Import »

ok cool
I was asking if our mx3 stock rotors are the same than a 323 stock.

So the modification from the website you gave us are exactly the same.

I really like the idea. It must really improve the breaking. Our disc are very cheap, no ventilation or anything and they are so thin... I think the website provide us a great break upgrade for a reasonable price. Big break kits are 2000$ and + I dont think its really affordable, and I dunno if I would really want to spend that much for brakes... Its not like we have 600 HP under the hood either... Maybe 300 HP max after my turbo prokect is done. I am ordering a brand new T3/T4 very soon.

I am thinking to install my new brakes in same time as my new zx2 struts and eibach springs. What else is recommended to get with the brakes? SS brake line, carbon pad? I will also powercoat my caliper as well.

thanks for all the info
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

braking is a function of traction....nobody here has more traction than braking capacity.

the end.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Street-Import
Supporting Member

Post by Street-Import »

Come on...

If you use OEM brakes and go 200 km/h you will not brake as fast as if you were going 100 km/h...

Thats only logical... If you have more power HP = higher top speed = need more breaking capability for more security.

Our OEM disc are pretty ****ty... You cant even compare that to a 11 - 12" big brake kit with some 4 pistons calipers.
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I think someone has not grasped the concept of brake rotors.

I read here that you could get wichever rotors you wanted, as they all had the same stopping power because the size is the same...

This is just soooo wrong.
What creates the stopping power is the rotor`s surface and the pad that gets pushed onto it.

thus, cheap rotors are made of cheap metal and will give less friction, especially with performance pads.

performance pads will create more heat, and if the discs aren`t of good enough quality they will get very hot (as they all get) and might warp. also, if it gets hot enough it will create a gas between the pad and the disc wich glaces the disc, and this is what makes the brakes fade.

better quality metal in the rotors, and better pads will push this limit further, and then giving more friction for a longer time.

I run EBC greenstuff on my original discs, and I noticed a small increase in stopping power, but the discs are getting thinner incredibly faster.

There`s no way I`m gonna "save" a few bucks and buy standard discs for performance pads.

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”