New user, question about suspension

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
grslc

New user, question about suspension

Post by grslc »

Hi! I'm new to the board, and have a question about suspension. I'm going to be replacing the struts on a 95 mx-3, which is my sister's daily driver. Shes not really looking for anything sporty, and the car is driven in Michigan winters, so lowering is probably not the best idea. I'm basically looking for the cheapest OEM struts available. I did some searching, and it looks like the best deal is the ZX2 setup, followed by the KYB GR-2's. My question is, The ZX2 post says the overall length of the strut is half an inch shorter than the mx-3 strut. Can I run the ZX2's with factory springs? I assume that the suspension has enough droop so that it wouldn't make a difference, but just want to be sure. Does anyone know?
Jordan
millionflame

Re: New user, question about suspension

Post by millionflame »

Originally posted by GRSLC:
Hi! I'm new to the board, and have a question about suspension. I'm going to be replacing the struts on a 95 mx-3, which is my sister's daily driver. Shes not really looking for anything sporty, and the car is driven in Michigan winters, so lowering is probably not the best idea. I'm basically looking for the cheapest OEM struts available. I did some searching, and it looks like the best deal is the ZX2 setup, followed by the KYB GR-2's. My question is, The ZX2 post says the overall length of the strut is half an inch shorter than the mx-3 strut. Can I run the ZX2's with factory springs? I assume that the suspension has enough droop so that it wouldn't make a difference, but just want to be sure. Does anyone know?
Jordan
ZX-2 struts with stock springs are "ok."

They're stiffer than an OEM replacement, but they're not to the point where your head hits the roof over a bump. It's still very comfortable for daily driving and even bumpy roads.

GR-2s are more of an OEM replacement strut and would work very well with stock springs. They'd offer a comfortable ride.

If price is the issue, then ZX-2s will work, but GR-2s would be the more comfortable strut.
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
mxer4eva

Post by mxer4eva »

Corrado SLC, eh.... I wish mine was still alive :crying: I know this is off topic but are you on vwvortex.com. I havent posted on there since i lost my 'rado, but im on there everyday.
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Monroe Senso-tracs are pretty good for everyday use. They are around 70 bucks each @ napa.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”