just installed H&R's and zx2 struts

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
RayRay

just installed H&R's and zx2 struts

Post by RayRay »

I just got my new suspension parts installed the other day. I now have H&R (mx-3) springs with zx2 struts. The install was done by Vlad, and i guess i helped a little bit. He's pretty well experienced with zx2 struts, he installed them on his car, his brother's (Stas) mx3, and mine. On a side note, we put rubber hose on certain parts of the springs so it wouldn't make noise. So far no noises.

The car looks awesome dropped. No more ugly wheel gap. I guess the drop would be about 1.5" to 1.75". The ride is pretty rough on bumps but then again it was a rough ride with my blown struts anyway. <p>The performance is amazing. We took it for a ride on a twisty road after the install and this one turn had me scared s***less :eek: . I was impressed. The car stays pretty flat through most turns. It doesn't "dive" so much either like it normally would under hard braking. It doesn't "lurch" and "squat" as much when you nail the gas and then quickly let up in first gear. <p>Overall i'm very happy with the set-up. My car looks more aggressive and handles alot better now. I highly recommend it to other mx-3 owners. <p>Questions? Comments?<p>[ September 15, 2003: Message edited by: RayRay ]</p>
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
nope-mx3

Re: just installed H&R's and zx2 struts

Post by nope-mx3 »

I have the H&R springs with the Koni adjustables, and I totally agree.
It`s just so nice :) <p>But, I installed my rear Swaybar from Whiteline yesterday, and WOW!! this is something everybody should do :) <p>a much flatter ride through the turns, reduces almost all the understeer. I think this is the best mod I have done so far, atleast compared to the cost.<p>nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

Glad you like your new setup Ray. :) Can you post some pictures when you get a chance?<p>Nope-mx3, about that whiteline swaybar, I have one at home, just never got a chance to install it. Now that you liked it so much, I'll try to put in on this weekend. How long did it take you?
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

well, if it hadn`t been for the last f***** nut, it should be done in about 30 mins. max.
but as we had to use violence to remove the nut, it took a while :D <p>http://www.nope.no/Mx3Swaybar <-- some pictures<p>nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Do the coils on the H&R's look like they are really close together? I read something about them hitting each other not too long ago.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by T-Rose:
Do the coils on the H&R's look like they are really close together? I read something about them hitting each other not too long ago.<hr></blockquote><p>Some of the coils are very close together, especially in the front springs. We put rubber hose on certain parts of the coils to keep them from hitting each other.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
illicitQ

Post by illicitQ »

do the Sus tech coils rub too? which springs are best with the ZX2 struts?
92 RS: BPT, evo front mount, custom 2.5 in IC pipes, apex-i SAFC- II, GReddy type-RS BOV, rear disc swap, GTX front strutbar, oem GS lower rear tie bar, Topspeed1 axle back exhaust, 15" TSW wrapped in yokohamas, power window swap. NOT INSTALLED: GReddy turbo timer and CS downpipe.
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Originally posted by illicitQ:
do the Sus tech coils rub too? which springs are best with the ZX2 struts?
Eibachs.

~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
TopGun

Post by TopGun »

Eibachs are impossible to get - Actually by now they might be available but a month ago everyone was saying eibach wasnt doing another production run until sept-october...
Speed Kills - Drive a honda, live forever...

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”