Tires?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
nolimits865

Tires?

Post by nolimits865 »

Somebody i know is going to give me a brand new set of 205/60/15 Will i have any clearance problems?
nolimits865

Re: Tires?

Post by nolimits865 »

I'm putting the tires on so i guess i'll figure it out myself! Thanks Alot This board is so helpful!!!
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

LOL...
this is actually starting to get kinda funny.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

I guess I should have said no then so that you wouldn't get pissed off. Most of us have 17's, and a few even have 18's, so no, unless you have like a 4 inch drop in your car you aren't going to have any problems with 16' tires.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
nolimits865

Post by nolimits865 »

No drop just stock susp. thanks for the answer but i already put them on and it fits good espically free new tires! Thanks dude I appreciate your answer
nolimits865

Post by nolimits865 »

by the way they are not 16 they are 15 inch!!
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

Sweet how did you get free tires? I just bought a brand new set of Michellin winter tires (14's) for my winter driving. I paid $200 for the whole set, I think that is a pretty good deal.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
nolimits865

Post by nolimits865 »

A friend of mine wrecked his toyota a while back. The other day he wanted to borrow my car for a couple of hours and i kept saying no and then he finally offered them to me to borrow it i said sure. they are futura still had the nipples on them. Got real lucky new tires and my car back in one piece!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dj Continuum:
hey i got a stupid question.<p>if you say, i bought 17's. then you say, i bought 14's for winter. are the tires the same size? all that is dif are the mags? like..the metal thing in the tire?<hr></blockquote><p>Buying tires is a seperate thing that buying rims<p>If you look at it technically, your speedometer is calibrated for the spinning of the axle @ a pre defined wheels circumference (or diameter). <p>So essentially, you can have any size tire and rim combination, as long as its not smaller or larger than factory spec...<p>for example, say your stock wheel (tire and rim together) diameter is 20", you can have a 5" rim and a 15" tire or a 18" rim and a 2" tire, as long as you dont change your stock's specs, it doesnt matter, you just need to buy the right combination
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”