do I need to do aligment if I lower my car?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Lemon

do I need to do aligment if I lower my car?

Post by Lemon »

I got spring.. but do I need to do aligment for my car.. or can I do it later?? need to know this so quick because I need to lower my car for MX-3 meeting
-=[LeMoN]=-
OsoSlo z28

Re: do I need to do aligment if I lower my car?

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

you don't HAVE to have an alignment. the main thing is it's going to throw your camber off depending the amount of drop. you can still drive the car...i just wouldn't recommend doing it for a long period of time.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Lemon

Post by Lemon »

and also is H&R race spring good for my car.. because my friend got it for me for b-day present
-=[LeMoN]=-
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

I would suggest getting it aligned to prevent pre mature wear on your tires.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

i would do it with 2 weeks, when i have my lil mighty max i dropped it 2-1/2" and in about a month the tires were gone, now granted this was a huge drop but it was enough to throw it off, but an full alignment is only like 30 bucks so there is no point of doing the swap and not getting it done
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:
you don't HAVE to have an alignment. the main thing is it's going to throw your camber off depending the amount of drop. you can still drive the car...i just wouldn't recommend doing it for a long period of time.<hr></blockquote><p>
Negative sir...<p>BIGGEST effect from a drop is the toe change, and it's pretty severe. You'll chew up tires quickly after a drop without an alignment.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:
<p>
Negative sir...<p>BIGGEST effect from a drop is the toe change, and it's pretty severe. You'll chew up tires quickly after a drop without an alignment.
<hr></blockquote><p>
this i did not know. i know i can always count on you to make me look like an idiot.....thanks for coming through. :D
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
craftydarren

Post by craftydarren »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by -=[LeMoN]=-:
and also is H&R race spring good for my car.. because my friend got it for me for b-day present<hr></blockquote><p>I have H&R springs (with Tokico struts) and I like them. They lowered the car just enough to look cool but not rediculous. The car makes clanging noises when I go over bumps - apparently the coils are touching. The performance shop that installed these said that there were some rubber things that could be put in to dampen the sound, but I never did it. It's really not a problem.
16" ASA wheels, Yokohama Prada Spec 2 tires, Tokiko Premium struts, H&R Lowering Springs.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

yup, i found out the hard way. DIdn't get my **** aligned after I lowered my car 2". Went through about 4 tires before realizing it wasn't the camber, it was the toe.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

How can you go though 'about' 4 tires?
Damien

Post by Damien »

Originally posted by Quick Sliver:
How can you go though 'about' 4 tires?
Drive on 3 for a while then put on the 4th and that would be 3.5 tires, which is "about" 4 tires.
:p

Lemon I have the H&R springs, never had any problems or strange noises with them. They are some of the better springs out there. Be sure to replace your stock struts when you can, the new springs will kill em. Also be sure to get that alignment ASAP.
2004 Nissan Xterra - Daily Driver
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - Sold
1994 MX-3 RS - Selling
Searching for a new performance car to buy, cant decide.

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/omenmx3

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”