K... WTF i still have a noise from my back c/o's

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
mx-3 12acer

K... WTF i still have a noise from my back c/o's

Post by mx-3 12acer »

I still have a noise from my back coilovers everytime i hit a bump. It is starting to be really annoying. I noticed last time i tried to fix them that the sleeve moved easily over the strut piece. Basically, i didn't need to hammer them down, i just slid the sleeve over. Could that be what is making all that fugly noises? Marsh, how are the springs working for you? Now, right now you have what, both the metal o-rings that screwed onto the springs and the top of the coil-overs off correct? E-mail me at artfreak@ku.edu or just post thanks.

Re: K... WTF i still have a noise from my back c/o's

Post by Guest »

well i have that on all wheels and what it is for me is worn sway bar links, its like a metal clunking over bumps. My mechanic said dont even worry about it, its not going to do anything but make a noise. Im probably going to get them fixed anyway since i hate the noise. But anyways hope that helps.
mx-3 12acer

Post by mx-3 12acer »

Hmm.. could you post the price to fix this when you get a chance?
sep42

Post by sep42 »

may not be all 4 wheels, that would be pretty bad luck.
I found out that you can hear the same noise if you kick the tire when the car is sitting still. I have yet to open it up, it's either a strut or the strut mount for me.<p> :)
http://www.nerdinthebox.com <- cheap domains, web hosting and other network services.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

What kind of coilovers are they?<p>This is pretty much a problem all cars have. The sleeves on some coilovers aren't the right diameter for your strut shaft, and shift around while you are driving, causing loud *** clunk noises when they shift on the spring perch.<p>It isn't going to do anything but make noise..and there is only one way to repair it....REMOVE THE COILOVERS!!!
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”