Windshield Washer Fluid

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
race_me_baby

Windshield Washer Fluid

Post by race_me_baby »

My windshield washer fluid won't come out for the front windshield but will come out for the back one. I have the back one completely filled up with summer fluid and the front one is about 3/4 of the way full. I've only been driving the car for about a week, so maybe I'm not pressing the right thing but I can get the back one to come out fine. It was pull for the front one or something? I don't understand how to make it work. If anyone can offer any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.
My 1993 Precidia MX-3 GS in the works. Wicked New Paint Job, New 10" subs
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/589196
fry_81

Re: Windshield Washer Fluid

Post by fry_81 »

follow the fluid lines from the nozzles down, maybe theres a leak or a split?
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

half the time I saw this the problem was the rear windsheild washer pump..they were all rusted and one pin were the connector is as missing byu rusting out...might want to take a look
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

I have a 95 RS w/o rear wiper but believe the front washer pump operates the same way. The front washer pump operates on mine by just pulling the steering column wiper control stalk toward you. Do you at least hear the washer pump running when ya do that? Even if a fluid supply line from the washer reservoir is kinked/pinched/cut, you should still be able to hear the pump running. If no pump is running, check the wiring harness connector at the washer pump for a good connection, no pinched/damaged wires etc. The pump is located at the bottom of the washer fluid reservoir. If it's not a poor connection causing the prob., check the pump for continuity and replace if needed.

These pumps generally last damn near forever unless a previous owner ran it a lot without fluid in the reservoir. I have seen pumps go bad in that scenario. If you end up needing a replacement, try a local wrecker for a used one. Might hafta also get the reservoir from them in order to get the pump but probably still cheaper than getting one new from Mazda. Or, you could go to a Mazda dealer, maybe offer them an arm, leg, or your left nut, and get a brand new one. :eek:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”