Loud Banging.. Please help

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
RockFord 148db man

Loud Banging.. Please help

Post by RockFord 148db man »

Help PLeaseeeeee<P>When I hit even the slightest bump in the road I am getting a really loud banging noise... I am thinking its blown strut.. But need the advice of anyone with similar experinces or suggestions. I want to cover all possibilities. The noise is coming from the rear driver side and again its when I hit even the smallest crack in the road<P>Thanks
Sonicxtacy02

Re: Loud Banging.. Please help

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

it would help to know where the bang is coming from
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
RockFord 148db man

Post by RockFord 148db man »

It is coming from the rear driver side tire well area... not sure what else I can say about it
MX30wner

Post by MX30wner »

Sounds to me like a strut... But I really don't know much about cars. I just like to drive them.<P>Seriously though, I had a broken strut - all of the oil leaked out, and to top it off, I busted a spring right in half. I drove like that for about a month. Sounded like someone was slamming the trunk whenever I hit a pothole. Never again.
Teal '92 V6 MX-3 Precidia - w00t!
rrances

Post by rrances »

I also fall in that category of not knowing much about cars.<P>I don't want to steer you wrong but here's my recent experience. My 92 GS has over 174,000 miles. There were banging noises that manifested themselves over cracks and bumps in the road. Very embarassing.<P>I replaced the struts (all around). No change but necessary expense as struts were original. Struts seem like a good place to start.<P>Also replaced the front strut plate as mechanic said it was broken. Result - no change and banging still there.<P>A month later, I replaced the sway bar links all around. Not only did that get rid of the banging noises, the car sounds tighter. I was embarassed to have passengers in the car because of the various squeaks, rattles, and banging noises. My car looks really good inside and out but the horrible noises gave away the age of the car.<P>I got several fixes for the squeaks, rattles, and banging noises from this board. I've implemented them and have probably reduced 90% of all interior noises.<P>Replacing the sway bar links helped eliminate a lot of the noises in my case.<P>Good luck.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”