best struts for suspenion tech. and 17's

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
mx3chom

best struts for suspenion tech. and 17's

Post by mx3chom »

hey guys ive looked around and checked out different struts, but i havent found what im looking for. i have suspension Tech. springs and 17's. what struts are best for this combo. <P>money isnt that much of an issue, bc i got rearended and got a 3,500 check and its only costing me 2,000 to fix it.<P>thanks, <BR>dominic
RIP 95 rs
mx3chom

Re: best struts for suspenion tech. and 17's

Post by mx3chom »

come on guys!!! i know someone out there has my answer. im just looking for the struts that will hold up the best under the springs and 17's<P>thanks,<BR>dominic
RIP 95 rs
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

what is your definition of best? I can show you shocks that are 1000+ bucks each.....but i doubt thats what youre looking for.<P>Mazdaspeeds would be my choice for you.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
mx3chom

Post by mx3chom »

ok well out of the ones on corksport. are the tokicos good? or the kyb gr-2?mazdaspeed? or koni? i have no idea? the tokico sound good but will something else hold up better?<P>thanks,<BR>dominic
RIP 95 rs
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3chom:<BR><STRONG>ok well out of the ones on corksport. are the tokicos good? or the kyb gr-2?mazdaspeed? or koni? i have no idea? the tokico sound good but will something else hold up better?<P>thanks,<BR>dominic</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>mazdaspeeds will handle that severe a drop fine. The tokicos and KYBs wont.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
mx3chom

Post by mx3chom »

that severe of a drop? its only 1.3" but if mazdaspeeds will hold up better than the rest i better get those.
RIP 95 rs
mx3chom

Post by mx3chom »

ok so are u saying that the mazdaspeeds will hold up longer than the tokicos?<P> i mean is one gonna hold up for a year, while the other is gona be good for 5? its a big price difference and im just trying to justify it, or ill be going with the tokicos.<P>thanks<BR>dominic
RIP 95 rs
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3chom:<BR><STRONG>ok so are u saying that the mazdaspeeds will hold up longer than the tokicos?<P> i mean is one gonna hold up for a year, while the other is gona be good for 5? its a big price difference and im just trying to justify it, or ill be going with the tokicos.<P>thanks<BR>dominic</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ok....<P>First you say you want the best, and that money isnt really an object.<P><BR>Yes, they will both work, but the Mazdaspeeds are BETTER. The KYBs will be strained to control those springs. The tokicos will, but the Mazdaspeeds would be better. Because you asked what the best was, I didnt take the time to go through each.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
mx3chom

Post by mx3chom »

thanks protege.<P>i should have been more specific. im not really looking for an amazing suspension combo.<P>im looking for struts that will hold up under the condition of springs and 17's<P>if you say the tokicos wont blow any sooner than the mazdaspeed one then the tokicos are the chioce for me.<P>but if they wont hold up as good as mazdaspeed then i better not get them.<P>like i said im just looking for the ones that will last the longest or come in very close.<P>thanks,<BR>dominic
RIP 95 rs
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3chom:<BR><STRONG>thanks protege.<P>i should have been more specific. im not really looking for an amazing suspension combo.<P>im looking for struts that will hold up under the condition of springs and 17's<P>if you say the tokicos wont blow any sooner than the mazdaspeed one then the tokicos are the chioce for me.<P>but if they wont hold up as good as mazdaspeed then i better not get them.<P>like i said im just looking for the ones that will last the longest or come in very close.<P>thanks,<BR>dominic</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Hmm, then the ZX2 tokicos might be the choice for you. There is a TON of info about these in various other posts in this forum. Many people have installed them and I havent heard any complaints yet. And they should last a long time.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

The only 'complaint I have is that my camber was off after putting these on. Get some camber bolts if you put these on. You'll need about 3 degrees of adjustment. That's usually 1 bolt per wheel. Other than that they're great for the money.<P>Good luck
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”