Rear strut bar

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
patapouf

Rear strut bar

Post by patapouf »

Are there any modifications needed to the speaker panel to install a rear strut bar?
RayRay

Re: Rear strut bar

Post by RayRay »

Yeah, you need to cut a little bit of plastic to put on the strut tower bar. It isn't very hard, just get a dremel tool or even a simple hacksaw.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

Or a good exacto knife would work, i think. Its not very tough plastic.
DVH

Post by DVH »

U also have to cut some metal also, where the seal belts comeout of, and the plastic speaker covers like u said.....i just installed mine last night..i used a dremel...took about 1.5 hours, wasn't sure what i was doing at first, but figured it out, looks great and really does improve handling i think!<BR>good luck! :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

Can't you just remove the seat belt pulley thingy before installation and then bolt it back on after?
DVH

Post by DVH »

nope, there s a little cup shaped thingy that goes over the strut.....and for the strut bar to fit through, u have to cut a little square out(approx. 2'x2') out of the metal cup thing.....if anyone can explain this better, PLEASE do ...im a dumbass! lol [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<BR>PS: best thing to do is take off the speaker cover and see for ur self the metal cup thing!<p>[ September 08, 2002: Message edited by: DVH ]
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

check out the pics listed here named rearbrace.jpg.. in no particular order.. <P>there's pretty much a step by step on what you need to do.. you'll need a dremel.. cos you need cut some metal as well, I used an angle grinder for my metal and a hacksaw for the plastic.. <P><A HREF="http://members.optushome.com.au/eunosads/" TARGET=_blank>EUNOSADS</A><P>hope it helps.. <P>@ds
- EUNOS 30X -
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

Alright thanks alot! Now, onto another question, should I get corksport's bar or like cusco's or mazdaspeed's?
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

I went cheap and bought the ones on ebay. Actually someone gave em to me as a gift but I know they were dirt cheap even if I had paid for them.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RayRay:<BR><STRONG>I went cheap and bought the ones on ebay. Actually someone gave em to me as a gift but I know they were dirt cheap even if I had paid for them.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>From wich company? Autobac? Does anyone know if there'd be much of a difference?
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

They were each a different brand name. My front STB I think is made by ractive and has a circular profile. The rear STB has a more oval profile, I don't remember the brand name. Go to ebay and type in mx3 or mx-3, a bunch should come up.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

I got mine from eBay. They are made by some company named TECH Racing. Basically they are the Ractive ones, but another name. They work great. Front took 5 mins, and rear about 15. Rear is mostly for looks, but front is what makes the difference in handling. If you really want something done to your handling get the SRD Crossmember - THAT WORKS.<P>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aiden:<BR><STRONG>I got mine from eBay. They are made by some company named TECH Racing. Basically they are the Ractive ones, but another name. They work great. Front took 5 mins, and rear about 15. Rear is mostly for looks, but front is what makes the difference in handling. If you really want something done to your handling get the SRD Crossmember - THAT WORKS.<P>~A</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>They only have the crossmember for GS models; they are trying to make it fit on the RS. Last I checked.
THStrumpet

Post by THStrumpet »

i assume that metal thing is just for the seatbelts right? cause if so screw that, ima just take my backseat out!
L83R,

Joel
SpeedConcepts #11

I live my life a quarter mile at a time, nothing else matters, for those 22 seconds or more, I'm free.
monkii

Post by monkii »

Mine's from GAB, anyone heard this brand? It's a quite well-known brand in Japan~I got mine second-hand from a repair shop for $75CAD, handling did improved after installing onto my 4cyl~
Monkii<BR>1994 while MX-3 RS

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”