bad sound

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
zeek

bad sound

Post by zeek »

ya....just wonderin on my front left side of my car i hear a thudding or a scraping when i turn my wheels. i thought it was my power stearing but then when i looked closer it was my struts/springs scraping on something. they move as i turn my wheels im thinkin they are suposto do that but i think its just that they arnt moveing with out any resistance. cause they turn in click like movements. should i get the dealer to look at it or just let it ride till i get some cash?<BR>thanks all<BR>laterz
ProtegeSTS

Re: bad sound

Post by ProtegeSTS »

wheel bearing or CV joint
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
zeek

Post by zeek »

how bad is it if its the bearing?? does it need to be fixed now?? is it expensive??<BR>laterz.<BR>thanks too
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zeek:<BR><STRONG>how bad is it if its the bearing?? does it need to be fixed now?? is it expensive??<BR>laterz.<BR>thanks too</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>~150 bucks for the wheel bearing to be replaced. Unless you have your own press, you cant do it yourself. It just makes noise for a long time. Eventually, it'll heat up too much, and seize..and then you have MAJOR problems.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Palofpits

Post by Palofpits »

If its doing it when you turn the wheel while stopped I would say it's probably the upper strut mount bearing,if it gets worse while accelerating and turning I would agree with Protege sts.
Mean_Machine

Post by Mean_Machine »

Ya protege is right. Its the CV joint i had the same problem and my car is in the shop right now getting fixed. Its about $250 (cdn) labour in for the repair.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”