tieing up suspension

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
millionflame

tieing up suspension

Post by millionflame »

Are both the front & rear strut tower braces really worth it if you dont have performance struts and whatever else goes with that??? I would like to get the braces (I have the GS so I have the stock lower tie bar and crossmember), but I heard that if you dont get proper struts that it wont make a "positive" difference.<P>Thanks, Aiden. :)
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
ProtegeSTS

Re: tieing up suspension

Post by ProtegeSTS »

it will help, but there are better things to put your money into if youre looking for good handling.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Ok, would you mind teling me what those are please? Anything would help. Just trying to learn more about how this sort of stuff works, so any imput I appreciate. :)<P>Thanks.<P>~A
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

well, springs and struts are the 2 biggest things. After that, a rear sway bar helps a lot. The other thing that works quite nicely on these BG chassis cars is a front lower tie bar, but i dont know if the OTLM one fits the GS MX-3. It was designed for the Proteges, and we havent test fitted mine on David's. <P>But, more important than any of those is tires. A GOOD tire is much more beneficial than you think. What tires are you running?
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

ok for 60 bucks cnd for a strut bar it's worth it completly cause it's so cheap
Steve
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

I had to get some Dunlop H rated tires just recently, but they are a performance tread and tire. I got them because of the price. I wanted V rated, but they were too much money at the time.
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Just wanted to add that my tires have two HUGE rain groves, so they are perfect for rain (and good for snow).
white fish

Post by white fish »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>well, springs and struts are the 2 biggest things. After that, a rear sway bar helps a lot. The other thing that works quite nicely on these BG chassis cars is a front lower tie bar, but i dont know if the OTLM one fits the GS MX-3. It was designed for the Proteges, and we havent test fitted mine on David's. <P>But, more important than any of those is tires. A GOOD tire is much more beneficial than you think. What tires are you running?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Did you ever test fit it yet?
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by white fish:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>Did you ever test fit it yet?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Nope, David's car was in Ft. Pirece for the entire summer, and my car has been about everywhere else.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Which would work better? The SRD Crossmember or that OTLM tie bar??<P>~A

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”