Quality of these coilovers??

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
I_love_my_MX-3

Re: Quality of these coilovers??

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

Ive also heard w/ cheap coilovers that sometimes if you hit a bump the coilovers will "adjust" themselves because of the shock. But if these work go for it. Im just a bit partial to the GCs
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

codene

Post by codene »

i just ordered mine also. tawheed- let me know if the tokicos fit.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
wgale

Post by wgale »

Still nothing eh?
THStrumpet

Post by THStrumpet »

Mine are on the way. <P>[ June 15, 2002: Message edited by: THStrumpet ]<P>[ June 15, 2002: Message edited by: THStrumpet ]<p>[ June 15, 2002: Message edited by: THStrumpet ]
L83R,

Joel
SpeedConcepts #11

I live my life a quarter mile at a time, nothing else matters, for those 22 seconds or more, I'm free.
codene

Post by codene »

how long will they take to come in? ive gotten no email or any kind of confirmation and i called em a few times but no answer.
THStrumpet

Post by THStrumpet »

Well, it took them over a week after i ordered just to charge me. So i assume they might have been out of stock or something. I am guessing another week.
L83R,

Joel
SpeedConcepts #11

I live my life a quarter mile at a time, nothing else matters, for those 22 seconds or more, I'm free.
zx6r

Post by zx6r »

FINALLY!!!<P>My coilovers / struts should be in this friday..<P>Stay tuned for pics!!<P>-Tawheed
-=All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wonder are lost=-
THStrumpet

Post by THStrumpet »

Got mine in, but some problems:<BR>1) Front end won't lower much, even though they are slammed. <P>2) I need new struts.<P>3) I need new wheel bearings.<P>I called AIM, they said they can send shorter coilovers for the front, so it work out in the end. Anyway, it looks kinda funny now since the front end is alot higher than the back. Check it out at my site: <A HREF="http://members.cox.net/thstrumpet/" TARGET=_blank>http://members.cox.net/thstrumpet/</A><p>[ June 23, 2002: Message edited by: THStrumpet ]
L83R,

Joel
SpeedConcepts #11

wgale

Post by wgale »

OH man, <BR>So the adjusters are adjusted as low as they go for the front and back? It looks like it's at stock height in the front, and only lowered about 2 inches in the back. <BR>Did you have to pay for the shorter coils? What part number are the new coils (so I can make sure that I get the right ones). How stiff is the ride?<P>Sorry for all the questions...I just want to make sure I am getting what I want. THANKS!
THStrumpet

Post by THStrumpet »

Yes, they are lowered all the way. Supposedly the max drop is 3", and the back is certainly as low as I would ever want to go. I cannot tell you part numbers or anything yet, because I have to call them back tommorow (Monday) to clear things up. They should not charge for sending shorter coilovers for the front, since its their mistake. As for the ride, its pretty bouncy, but then again, coilovers usually are, plus they are slammed all the way, and according to the performace shop guys my struts are practically gone, so I can't tell ya for sure. I just can't bear to spend 399 bucks on Ground Conrtol, when these are only 119. Hope this helps, I will post again tommorow after I talk with AIM about sending my different ones for the front.<p>[ June 23, 2002: Message edited by: THStrumpet ]
L83R,

Joel
SpeedConcepts #11

VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>Ok, you just said that i used them, and then, in your next sentence you said that ive never seen them. <BR>are.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Actually he said you have used the GC and have never seen the AIM coilovers. Hmmm....guess it don't matter tho huh? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
THStrumpet

Post by THStrumpet »

Okay, here is the deal. They are shipping two springs for the front that are 2" shorter. They will be here in 5 days. He said when I get them in to call them and tell them how it worked out. The guy said I am the second person to order the coilovers for the mx3. He said it is the same coilover for a probe or something. So anyone who is thinking about ordering them, you should wait until I get the shorter ones in the front, because if they work they are going to change the part (send the two shorter coils for the front) from now on.
L83R,

Joel
SpeedConcepts #11

wgale

Post by wgale »

Ok coo, Thanks for the info... I guess you and Tawheed are the only two to have ordered it for the Mx-3. I wonder if Tawheed had the same problem? He hasn' posted any news yet...
codene

Post by codene »

i ordered mine and they are sitting in my backseet. very fast shipping from them by the way. all mine look exactly the same so am i gonna need to send 2 front ones back also? is there a difference in the front and back cuz they all look the same to me. hope theyre riding nice :)
THStrumpet

Post by THStrumpet »

Well, if you want to try and put them in go ahead, but chances are you will have the same problem as me. If you call them, ask for the tech guys and tell them my situation and that you need the shorter springs for the front.
L83R,

Joel
SpeedConcepts #11

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”