Quality of these coilovers??

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
sneed

Re: Quality of these coilovers??

Post by sneed »

yes they are with shiping it was 140 or somthing they may not have a sweet brand name butthat dosen't mean they are not good. when i had teck. problum they were more then happy to help.
wgale

Post by wgale »

Tawheed,<P>Did you happen to receive your coilovers yet?<P>Wes
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

I have the ground controls on tokicos and the performance i can acheive with these is worth the meazly $1,500.00 (canandian funds). <P>For some reason there are people on here that take their suspension for granted. I ain't no mechanic but everyone that lowers their car will have situations when your suspension is put to the test. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
zx6r

Post by zx6r »

Wes,<P>I did get my coilovers.. One of the spring hats was missing though. So I'm waiting for AIM to send me the missing piece, I should have them in my in about a week (if my struts are here by then)<P>I'll keep you posted..<P>Tawheed
-=All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wonder are lost=-
sneed

Post by sneed »

what is the diff between groun control and aim no bs show me som facts here like the stress factors of the metals they use and the comparison. if some one can show me this then i will belive that ground control are the best in the world. if not its just a name.
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

Eibach springs.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

hey how come i cant get on aim industries's site anymore are they closed? anybody let me know new link or something thank u..
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
wgale

Post by wgale »

<A HREF="http://www.truckn-store.com/product.asp ... p&ID=10127" TARGET=_blank>http://www.truckn-store.com/product.asp ... D=10127</A> <P>this link is the only other one I can find.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sneed:<BR><STRONG>what is the diff between groun control and aim no bs show me som facts here like the stress factors of the metals they use and the comparison. if some one can show me this then i will belive that ground control are the best in the world. if not its just a name.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>"BBS" "Spoon" "Cosworth" "DPR" "TODA"<P>They are all just names... <BR>You want stress factors? Sorry, but those sorts of numbers havent been published, because nobody cares, and the people who DO CARE use even better stuff. The BIGGEST reason why GCs are good are because they have a good track record, and are available for a lot of different cars and with custom spring rates and lengths.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
sneed

Post by sneed »

THere is no differance in these to product other the the name. these sort of products must conform to official DOT safety standereds so there is really no differance if my suspension should fail because of these springs i will owne up to it but there is no way to say the groungd control is some extra special thing there is no proff had fact. just because u use them and others do dose not make them super great. u have never even seen them and u are talking trash about them how was the company ground control started how did they become so geat after time so why throw off some new company just because they are not old.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sneed:<BR><STRONG>THere is no differance in these to product other the the name. these sort of products must conform to official DOT safety standereds so there is really no differance if my suspension should fail because of these springs i will owne up to it but there is no way to say the groungd control is some extra special thing there is no proff had fact. just because u use them and others do dose not make them super great. u have never even seen them and u are talking trash about them how was the company ground control started how did they become so geat after time so why throw off some new company just because they are not old.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Ok, you just said that i used them, and then, in your next sentence you said that ive never seen them. <P>Both of these are NOT true. <P>Anyway...<BR>The MAIN advantage, like IVE ALREADY SAID, is that the GCs use standard ERS Eibach springs. This means you can custom order ANY length and springrate that you need, which is a MAJOR concern if you have a MX-3, since the "normal" kit from GC doesnt give you enough front spring length. The older skunk2 systems had issues with the sleeves cold-welding themselves to collars. None of the other companies are actually seeing what sorts of spring rates are needed on these cars. Call them and ask what the spring rates are.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
wgale

Post by wgale »

Tawheed,<BR>I noticed that you are in Edmonton. What did the total cost come to after all the extra costs and conversion to Cdn. I've never purchased anything from the US where shipping was required, so I am not familar with cross-border issues, if there are any?<BR>Thanks
zx6r

Post by zx6r »

Wes,<P>Total price after shipping / handling / customs etc was just a tad under $300 i believe..<P>$177 USD for the coilovers / shipping<P>and $58 CDN for the customs / duty<P>STILL haven't got my missing piece for the coilovers though.. startin to get a little ticked...<P>-Tawheed
-=All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wonder are lost=-
wgale

Post by wgale »

Awesome,<BR>Thanks for the info. Once I hear that you are happy with them, I am going to order myself a set. <P>Wes
THStrumpet

Post by THStrumpet »

Hey guys,<BR> I just ordered the AIM coilovers as well! When I get them I'll let ya know.<P>Joel
L83R,

Joel
SpeedConcepts #11

I live my life a quarter mile at a time, nothing else matters, for those 22 seconds or more, I'm free.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”