Jamex lowering springs?!?!

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
corona

Jamex lowering springs?!?!

Post by corona »

I bought this spring a few week ago, I install the rear ones yesterday and i don't realy notized a difference? I was so excited that i didn't took the time to measure it. Anyways they didn't see to lowe my car, maybe because i have the factory rims and i haven't install the front ones yet. Can you tell me you experience, if you have them?!?!? :mad: [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
"Its not how you stand beside your car, is how you race it"<BR> Ja-Rule
5spd_GS

Re: Jamex lowering springs?!?!

Post by 5spd_GS »

how low is the drop supposed to be with these springs?
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
jfbourgault

Post by jfbourgault »

my friend had his mx3 dropped with apex springs 3 weeks ago and I initialy tought the same thing, I compared it to mine and there was no visible différence in the back, it's only when I tried to jam my pack of cigarettes in between the fender and the tire that I noticed it, you'll see the drop if you do that, <BR>on mine, I can put my smokes( regulars) standing upright, and on his, they barely fit at a 30degree angle)<BR>so don't let your eyes fool you man!
92 mx-3 GS .greeeeeeeen!<BR>Honda !!!, what do you mean Honda??<BR>Oh sorry, you meant that piece of crap parked next to my car! oh sorry again, I meant to say lawnmower....
momo

Post by momo »

when i had my apex i put them on it whent down half of an inch .six months later the car was lower 2 inches.you got let the spring get worked in ,then you notice (visually)the difference. :) momo
CanadianMx-3

Post by CanadianMx-3 »

Give the springs atleast a month to settle and you will be impressed. My friend bought 1.3" drop on a '97 Grand am and we neither noticed a difference off the bat. But after a few weeks its looks alot different. <P>i think the Jamex springs were atlest a 1.5" drop
Dedicated SR20 SLUT
mattster

Post by mattster »

SHOW MX-3:<P>I bought the same set of Jamex springs of eBay around a month ago. Would it be at all possible for you to send me a pic of your car with the springs cuz I really want to know what I am getting into by putting them on. Also just a piece of advise if you don't think its low enough.... you can always chop of a little with a hack-saw or something [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

I bought Jamex Springs a few years ago new. They will not lower the back of your car very much. Matter of fact, my ride height in the back changes pretty frequently. I know it sounds silly, but I use my hand as a ruler-- somedays its 3 fingers, some 2, ,some 4+ . i still love the springs though. the front is absolutley SLAMMED. <P>Check it out. <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/moca" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mx-3.com/moca</A> My car is the Black one.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”