clicking sound

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
ikedogg

clicking sound

Post by ikedogg »

whenever i make sharp turns, my front axle makes a clicking sound...does anyone know what this is?
and konstantine is walking down the stairs...
OsoSlo z28

Re: clicking sound

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

cv joint(s)
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
mattster

Post by mattster »

Typical on imports after a while. I have the same problem... I say don't worry about it.
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

don't worry about it?? :eek: check your cv boots. if they're ripped, get them replaced. if not...bad things can/will happen.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Its the CVs, as already pointed out. And yes, you should get them replaced.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Q187

Post by Q187 »

Yeah, don't worry about them if you want your steering to go out one day while you're driving.... [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
freakuency

Post by freakuency »

I'm having the same problem. I already had my cv boots checked and they said they're fine.. no cracks because I just had them replaced recently. Yet everytime I turn corners or slow down with my brakes I always hear this crunching/clicking sound and it's pissing me off.. :mad: what else could it be?
'93 MX-3 GS<BR>Ractive Dual-tip 3" Muffler<BR>Ractive strut tower Bar<BR>Custom CAI
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

possibly your wheel bearings. if you got remanufactured axles, you could have gotten a bad one. or you could have a problem with your brakes.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
Swego

Post by Swego »

If your cv joints are bad they'll make noise when you accelerate, especially when you accelerate and turned. You can easyly check if it's your cv's in a parking lot. Turn the wheels to one side at max, accelerate slowly. Repeat turning other side.<P>I have a recuring sound on my car and I'm waiting for money to defenetaly fix it. It's a cliking sound when the car is roling. My front brake rotors just keep warping. So far I've had them turned twice to fix the problem. But now my rotors are to thin to be turned again. I'm looking into buying cross-drilled rotors to keep up with my aggressive driving.
hooolala

Post by hooolala »

are you talking about when makeing turns or brake.. the front start to make some kinds click sound?? my car does that too.. but.. i found out is because my Struts or spring is getting bad... maybe you should have your struts and springs checked...
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

I get clicking/creaking from the front driverside, when I brake. No noticeable clicking when turning.<P>I had to change the CV joints a few months ago, and just changed the whole front driveshaft, so it shouldn't be the CV joints again.<P>What else can it be?
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
mr.hunt

Post by mr.hunt »

Hey GMCQ what is going down. sorry I am on the coffee high at 2:00am ms time so. If the cv were done not to long ago ( two months ) then I would for sure have to say the wheel bearings if it is not in the turning and when you are in the processes of stoping then the wheel bearings are gone or going. I have these looked at but they should have noticed them when you did the other work bearings can go just like that but you should have had signs. also this is last and a long shot but the lower ball joints might be faulty as well they should never have a problem until like 300,000 k but on a very slim chance they might be shoot. Hope this helps man but it might cost like 40.00 to have it looked at so I would just do that. Make sure though they test the s--- and not just assume crap. Peace<P>Mike

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”