To buy 16" wheels do i need to upgrade anything els

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
roly_39

To buy 16" wheels do i need to upgrade anything els

Post by roly_39 »

I found a great deal today on some 16" rims that a shop ordered for somebody and never picked up. They're 16" Konig's with Falken tires. I have a '95 RS with 14" wheels right now. Do i need to upgrade my suspension in any way to get these? I understand that the clearance between the wheel and fender will not change, i've read that much. But is it a good idea to upgrade anything or is it just a matter of looks. Thanks a lot...
White '95 RS<BR>Kicker-equipped
David Coleman

Re: To buy 16" wheels do i need to upgrade anything els

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by roly_39:<BR><STRONG>I found a great deal today on some 16" rims that a shop ordered for somebody and never picked up. They're 16" Konig's with Falken tires. I have a '95 RS with 14" wheels right now. Do i need to upgrade my suspension in any way to get these? I understand that the clearance between the wheel and fender will not change, i've read that much. But is it a good idea to upgrade anything or is it just a matter of looks. Thanks a lot...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>well, it might fit fine, and you might just have lost a lot of money...offset is everything [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
roly_39

Post by roly_39 »

I haven't bought them yet. The guy is bringing them up to show me tomorrow. If they were the right bolt pattern/offset i was gonna buy them. Fastco's website says the offset is +45 is that right?
White '95 RS<BR>Kicker-equipped
colin96

Post by colin96 »

hey,<BR>where in N.B. is the place selling rims? do they have any good deals? Over here on P.E.I. everything is too expensive
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by roly_39:<BR><STRONG>I haven't bought them yet. The guy is bringing them up to show me tomorrow. If they were the right bolt pattern/offset i was gonna buy them. Fastco's website says the offset is +45 is that right?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>+45 is not correct.<P>16 x 7 should be around +35 or +38.<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
psurollsovau

Post by psurollsovau »

as long as the lug pattern is 4X100 wouldnt that work [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
too much s--- to list!
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hoffman:<BR><STRONG>as long as the lug pattern is 4X100 wouldnt that work [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>no
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”