Thumping Sound (not from the stereo!)

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
T Biller

Thumping Sound (not from the stereo!)

Post by T Biller »

Here is the scoup. V6 94, There is this thumping/clunking sound that I get usualy when accelerating around a left hand bend, but sometimes also in a straight line or turning right, although not as bad as in a left hander, sometimes even just a vibration in a straight line. I thought it was probably a CV even though it didn't sound quite right, it's a deeper clunk rather than a higher ticking CVs usualy make. Anyway I took it to my mechanic who thought the same as me, so he replaced the CV, $230 CAN parts + labour ($140 US, the excange really sucks these days), anyway the noise almost went away, but I could still hear it under hard acceleration in a lefty and since then it has gradualy got worse again until now it's almost as bad as it was to start with. Any suggestions/similar experiences?
pDhMiBsh

Re: Thumping Sound (not from the stereo!)

Post by pDhMiBsh »

it's probably your control arm and it can't be welded i have the same problem if i gas it hard i hear a clunk and if i'm going straight my whole car vibrates so get it checked out by the bushing because that is where mine is snapped at good luck man
www.krazykustomz.com 1994 Blaze Red V6 2.5 in the works, 1995 eclipse gsx (winter beater haha)
pDhMiBsh

Re: Thumping Sound (not from the stereo!)

Post by pDhMiBsh »

oh yeah go to a junk yard cuz only mazda dealers carry them and i got mine priced today $380 U.S.
www.krazykustomz.com 1994 Blaze Red V6 2.5 in the works, 1995 eclipse gsx (winter beater haha)

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”