SELF INSTALATION?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
simon

SELF INSTALATION?

Post by simon »

I was wondering if anyone who has installed either lowering springs or coilovers could give me some details on what is involved in putting them on. I do have access to a spring compressor, but I have never done any kind of suspension work to my car. Would the lowering springs be easier to put on? Any other special tools I would need? I would rather have coilovers put on. Also, I have been quoted around $300 (u.s.) to get them installed, does that sound reasonable?<BR>Thanks in advance for any help.
ProtegeSTS

Re: SELF INSTALATION?

Post by ProtegeSTS »

each corner requires about 6 bolts. It will take about 4-5 hours your first time if you have air tools......6-7 if you dont. I think you should do it, because it saves money, and you'll know how everything works.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: SELF INSTALATION?

Post by Custommx3 »

it took me like an hour maybe 2...<BR>All you need is a set of tools, the springs, and a spring compressor you can rent from your local autozone. its liek 40 bucks and when u return it you get your money back.<P>Just be careful.. pulling those springs off can be dangerous if it comes loose while your taking it off the strut.<P>FYI put the plastic piece thats on the stock spring back on the bottom of the new spring. I get squeeking cause it didnt put it on 1 of them.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”