I want to Turbo my 95 1.6L DOHC

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
feloracing26

I want to Turbo my 95 1.6L DOHC

Post by feloracing26 »

I like my mx-3 but it lacks of power, I really would like to run a turbo @5Psi to get some respect but I need everybody's help to find out what do I need to make this happen and where can I find these parts at!!
This is what I have done to the car this year:
Tinted all windows 15%,Music system(JVC unit,(2)12"W6's JL Audio,(2)6 1/2"3 way Pioneers speakers and a MTX amp. Also Lowered 1.3"F and 1.5"B(w/Dropzone Spring)and (4)Tokico Gas Shocks w/18" RSL Shinwa Wheels(Silver&chrome) Chrome Altezza Taillights,(Looking for a nice wing??)
2 1/2" Straight pipe, port & polished block & head which I also shaved and an Air Intake.
Please I need everybody to complete my goals in order to have a good looking mazda w/good street performance.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Re: I want to Turbo my 95 1.6L DOHC

Post by atlantamx3 »

First thing:

Buy, read, and take notes on Corky Bell's book: Maximum Boost.

Maximum Boost by Corky Bell
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
feloracing26

Post by feloracing26 »

I apreciate the reply and I did read & I know how to put a turbo set-up together but it is a pain to find the correct parts for the 4 cyl. so I was just wondering if somebody else out there when thru this too so they could help me out with this. I really wouldn't have this problem if Philly actually had good mechanics that know what the hell they are doing with a mazda mx-3. See if I was back in Puerto Rico I would had my car done! and racing a long time ago since in P.R. there is a lot of people that work mx-3 unlike Philly ... Anyways I will apreciate any other input from others too!
Thanks ! Every one for your time & comments
:)
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

all u need is a turbo manifold from a 323 & a turbo & ur good to go
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

Does the search button not work anymore? I'm not being facetious or anything but seriously!! The button is there for a reason...
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
The black evil

Post by The black evil »

will the turbo manifold from the 323 fit the 4cyl SOHC? or what manifold will fit?
Any one have an Idea?
Live free and Die well
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

Originally posted by Shady469:
Does the search button not work anymore? I'm not being facetious or anything but seriously!! The button is there for a reason...
:werd: fawk dude the guy posted this right before you, maybe you'd take a hint. This is not the off topic chat area where chit chat goes on about whatever it is supposed to be a tool to find info. If it gets colluded by the same questions being asked over and over, then it is no longer useful. So do this:

1) Think

2) Search

3) Search again using a different appproach

4) Ask help

Not only will this keep the forum clean, it will also get you your answer faster! BECAUSE IT IS THERE SOMEWHERE I GUARANTEE IT

Return to “Forced Induction”