bpt swap--can anyone figure it out

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mclaw-mclaren

bpt swap--can anyone figure it out

Post by mclaw-mclaren »

i have done the bpt swap and have been having problems since day one and it really sucks sorta thinking it is about time to sell and i have not even driven the new engine 50km. :mad:

i have a 96 but changed the wiring to a 92 harness, i am using a throttle body and MAF off a 94' protege. the throttle body does look a little different than the mx but not sure if that is the problem? also i did not change the 2 or 3 wires that i heard are suppost to be changed? i am using the bpt ecu.
The car does this, it idles fine but when u step on it it cuts out, not the egnine but like a fuel cut. I know for a fact that it is not a fuel cut because we had the ecu, injectors (stock) in another bpt mx-3 both with a upgraded fuel pump and his was fine. i hope someone has any ideas.
~~McLaw~~
MX-3 -- BPT
Franko
Supporting Member

Re: bpt swap--can anyone figure it out

Post by Franko »

Couple of wires need changing.. shouldent be a problem. Check your messages.. I pm'd you :p
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

That's harsh Travis. I hope you can get that figured out. I'm Frank will be able to give some great advice. I know that once you have it running smoothly, you won't want to sell it.

<small>[ October 28, 2004, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: WyldSide ]</small>
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

SOunds like what my new BP swap is doing... You have to let it warm up before you can romp it-- but I beleive its the Throttle Position Sensor. I dont know if it needs to be adjusted or just replaced.

Just a thought.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
mclaw-mclaren

Post by mclaw-mclaren »

ya frank said it was the TPS sensor, it is warmed up and it still does it. hope it works :)
~~McLaw~~
MX-3 -- BPT

Return to “Forced Induction”