Head removal

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
valenzul

Head removal

Post by valenzul »

blew the head gasket on my BPT. Well the freaking emissions ppl did. they revved my car up on 4th gear and kept it at high boost for sometime. by the time I found out. it was already too late coolant was spewing out on of my spark plug holes.

anyways. What is involved with replacing this? What items will I need other than: head gasket, distributor O-ring, and Timing Belt?

If someone can somewhat give me a rundown of all the components I need to remove.

Will I need to remove the Rocker arm assembly and the Cam shaft items to simply unbolt the head from the block? Will I need special tools for this?

Should I not tackle this? I've done the whole 1.6 SOHC to 1.8 DOHC BPT swap. or is beyond that?

Lots of questions... need advice
violent_J_54021

Re: Head removal

Post by violent_J_54021 »

I would suggest getting a new water pump to, depending on how many miles you have on your car. You don't have to take the cams out or anything like that. just get the timming belt off, remove the distributor and the air hose that runs to your TB, and there is a few other misc. hoses that you have to remove from your intake manifold. And last but not least you need to eaither remove your exhaust manifold or just your downpipe. Once you have all that done, there is just 10 bolts that you can see after you take the valve cover off, I belive they are eaither 12 or 14mm and you need the star socket, not the 6 sided one. After you take those 10 bolts off, the head should follow. If you do a search you can find the torque sequence to put the head back on. I don't know it off the top of my head. Good luck
EricT
94 DOHC
Miata B6-ZE engine
ACT 4 puck clutch
workin on the money for a turbo...

Return to “Forced Induction”