Using 2 SAFCS??!?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Using 2 SAFCS??!?

Post by nos92mx3 »

i got to thinking about my safc how it only has 12 set points and then i started thinking what if we used to safcs 1 for the lower rpms being (800-3600) and one for the higher(3800-7000) and just run the maf wire into the low rpm one first then to the high rpm one then to the ecu.
What got me thinking that this would work is 2 seperate computers each telling the ecu to do somehting different at different times. Does anyone else think this might work, forsee any problems that i dont? because if not im gonna give it a try in the next couple of weeks. :2thumbsup:

<small>[ July 10, 2004, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: nos92mx3 ]</small>
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Rope04

Re: Using 2 SAFCS??!?

Post by Rope04 »

Hey...Are u saying using 2 may enable us to take out the maf and use both safc's to control the fuel delivery at two different rpm setting's...i would love this...If it may work then I'll do it as a retriction problem to my Vaf,I don't get as much power due to the lack of air flow...hmmmm sounds interesting,but then again i could use stand alone sysem and use a completely different maf like a civics...but too expensive to setup maybe you should give it a shot
Ferrari Red w/silver Metallic 92' Mx-3 GsR: Blown 5 Built motors from my past project and am going to N/A for a while as I get use to Megasquirt for proper tuning then may boost....TT setups have too much lag and too low of a power output for the rpm range i sought....Single is better and may do that in future...New project is custom Alum Mani/ with 3-4" runners...NO ?'s about my previous setup I don't want anyone to waste as Much $$$$$$ as I did...listen to BabyBlue and the those guys and go with thier F/I setups
mxk

Post by mxk »

You wont be able to take out the maf because the SAFC needs it to work. All the safc does is alter the signal it gets from the maf to "trick" the computer into adding or removing a given amount of fuel. Without the maf the safc would have no signal to alter, this is why the safc is considered a "piggy-back" fuel computer, it works with whachya got. I think a standalone might be able to do what you want, but i dont see the purpose of removing an air metering device all together. Lots of people I've heard from that have gone with a standalone change over to a map sensor, as they are better at reading boost.
Rope04

Post by Rope04 »

i wasn't sure I don't tune cars electronically...i have a friend that does all that stuff...He's teaching me as we move along....but he did mention a map sensor for stand alone about my boost...i am only runnning 4 psi per t25 unit....so I don't see myself choosing a stand alone nd goin through the hassle and money... istill need lots of acesories to fix some probs right now as in like a kl-de or ze...i know my setup will fit...I need a new motot since mine is almost gone....150k miles is a lot for my application runs ok , but i need a bigger motor and BETTER OIL PUMP
Ferrari Red w/silver Metallic 92' Mx-3 GsR: Blown 5 Built motors from my past project and am going to N/A for a while as I get use to Megasquirt for proper tuning then may boost....TT setups have too much lag and too low of a power output for the rpm range i sought....Single is better and may do that in future...New project is custom Alum Mani/ with 3-4" runners...NO ?'s about my previous setup I don't want anyone to waste as Much $$$$$$ as I did...listen to BabyBlue and the those guys and go with thier F/I setups
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

im not saying remove the maf just run the 2 safcs thru it and then to the computer so in other words hook them both up as you normally would and just run 800-3400(ex) rpms on one and then 3600-redline(ex) on the other just as long as everything is hooked up correctly on both i dont see why this wont work because when one of the computers reaches its max say 3400 rpms it will switch over to the other safc and then that safc will take over. maybe this will work i dont know but i think i am going to try this.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Rope04

Post by Rope04 »

OHHH..I see it now, Sounds like it would run more effecient as in you could prolly tune more precisely but more of a painit seems

Return to “Forced Induction”