Trial fit intercooler

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
DavidOS

Re: Trial fit intercooler

Post by DavidOS »

actually do a battery relocation get more room from that and its easy.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

If you need ideas on where to move the battery then you can look at my pics altantamx-3.com , look for Patrick's pics. I bought a battery relocation kit (battery box, vent tube, wire and all necessary mounting hardware)and then moved it to the corner of the trunk, removed the rear washer bottle, ran the wire through a hole where the bottle was, cut out some of the panneling so that it would move as close to the corner as possible, then bolted it through the floor, grounded it to the rear seat bolt (many people say that the strut tower is best, but I wasn't getting as good of a ground there(yes I ground it down to bare metal)). As for the front overflow bottle, move it with a kit from Auto Zone. They sell a kit that comes with a metal bracket, hose and bottle. Put it under the intercooler, mount the bracket to the frame. Again you can look at the pics on AtlantaMX3.com for how I did it. You could use the washer bottle and pump from the rear for your water spray if you have a GS.

Nice idea for a stealth intercooler btw.

<small>[ March 27, 2004, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: PATDIESEL ]</small>
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

There are a few things that need to be looked apon when deciding to relocate a battery. If you are road raceing or autoXing then relocating it to the rear is a good move in most cases to get the weight ratio a little closer to 50\50. If your are go for drag racing it is a BAD idea in MOST FWD applications to move it to the rear. Your moveing traction aiding weight off the front axles. The reason most RWD applications relocate the battery to the rear is to transfer more weight to the rear wheel that spins the most to help give it a better bite. If you notice...Mazda put ours right over the short axle as close to the wheel as possible which happens to be the one that spins the worst when running a open differential.

Just a little food for thought....hope it helps! :welder:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I didn't read the entire post. I'm sorry, but I got bored. If you keep it there, I like Curt's idea of the hood scoop. If you DO plan on having a FMIC int he next year, then what I would do is do your little home made RAM air duct work, but also put a fan in there (like the radiator fans) because if you don't, it will just heat up like a mother f**ker when you're idling. It will be sitting right in the engine bay, and we all know the reason they use aluminum for IC's is because it absorbs and transfers heat very rapidly. If the IC is sitting in the engine bay in 100* heat, it will actually heat the intake charge even more. True, the turbo is not heating the air as much at idle, but hotter air is hotter air. If it's not tuned correctly, you may be looking at severe detonation durring idle. As we all know, detonation is the enemy. Just my ideas. :shrug:
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

A small fan would be a great idea! Bring the ram air up to it and place a home made water squirter on it like they were suggesting. The fan should spread the water evenly across the IC and then the air its blowing on it would help to cool it really well! Don't go to a high speed fan or it'll just blow the water trough the IC and not allow as much cooling. A cheap LOW speed fan is what you really need in that application. After it's done you could ride down the road screaming....... DIE Hondas DIE!!!!!!!!! Then rip em a new one! :freak: :welder: Then when they ask what ya running.....just tell em nunya and it's not a bottle.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “Forced Induction”