why is everyone so scared?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
fredleysir

Re: why is everyone so scared?

Post by fredleysir »

"damn newbies" good one... how long did it take you to think of that?
(p.s. i first registered on this site in april of 02 with a different board name)
yeah i'm pretty sure i want to go the ZE route.. (if i do get an mx-3, i don't know if i can give up rwd) i was simply wondering if such applications would require custom fabriction. easy questions guys and i appreciate everyone that had helpful responses... i know 250 whp is more than enough in the mx, i just imagined 450 wouldn't be too difficult to achieve... you can always turn down the boost.
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

that was a perfect link to the 800 hp engine.

if you had searched around on that link and read all the info you would have learned that it was built with a stock block, crank and with stock heads, only the rods, pistons and valve train were changed.

If YOU want to spend $$$$$$$$$$ to build one, then go ahead, the rest of us dont want to spend $20,000 on an engine for our $6,000 cars.

a good super is 20,000 and mint supra is 35-40,000, if you have that kind of money you can afford to make the big power.

Also, the supra and skyline were designed to be race cars, the engines are OVER BUILT from the factory and detuned for the street, thats why they can make 1000 H.P. at the engine with tuning and bigger turbos.

The mx3 is an economy sports car.

P.S. this web site is based in canada not america, the creator of MX-3.com lives about 30 mins from me in ontario canada.

if you are realy intersed in cars and you want to learn, then search the web and spen $$$ on car magazine like I did whene I was 16, learn as much as you can that way.

I buy honda magazines every month and I HATE HONDAS, I get import tuner and MM&FF, I had a subscription to Muscle Car Review and I owned and striped down a Mopar 383 RB engine, (PS I have a set of headders for the 383 B-body if anyone wants them :) )just so I can learn whats going on with different cars.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
fredleysir

Post by fredleysir »

i admire your dedication, and you're right i didn't fully read into the 2.5L link. those are very impressive numbers for the 2.5
but, as far as the learning and asking questions... why was the website made? you're not supposed to ask questions on here?
and as for spending that kind of money..again i resort back to my original questions.. i've learned it would all have to be custom work for the mx-3... which is why i asked what was readily available. supras probably have the most after market support as far as product availability (i don't count civics as existing)... so putting together a 800 hp engine when you can simply take your pick of forged internals and turbo kits only costs money....anyone can pay someone to have work done on their car.
also, canada is in a continent called north america.
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

While I do agree that Canada is in North America, I DON'T agree that you didn't know that the intention of that statement was to differentiate between Canada and the US. Anyway, as for being a newbie, I am not. I've been on this site for a few years anyway, I just don't post much. Either way, wouldn't we all agree that it's ALWAYS a good idea to ask as many questions as you can before undertaking an engine build or swap? I know I wouldn't want to do it blindly.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
fredleysir

Post by fredleysir »

haha ok ok you got me with the america thing
but yes, you're exactly right, that is why i asked questions, how am i supposed to gain knowledge without asking questions?
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

I explaine how to learn, read, read books, read magazine magazines, read web sites, read everything you can and search the web 24/7, search on japanese and german sites and use a web page translator.

Then if there are any questions you have you can ask. If you had searched over the last month on this site you would have found the page on the 800 H.P. KL-ZE.

If you do have to ask, then ask in a proper way.

eg: I want to get about 500-600 H.P. from a klze if I add turbos what would be needed for the engine to survive, what would be the best way to tune it.

Not, "why are you scared?" were not scared, we just dont need a 600 H.P. mx-3.
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.

mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

"why are you scared?" were not scared, we just dont need a 600 H.P. mx-3

:2thumbsup:
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

I don't care about an 800 HP KLZE. I believe the original point of this thread was to ask why there are not a whole lot of MX-3s that are *really* engine modded. I would assume that in percentage comparison, there are *many* more.. oh, I don't know, Civics, maybe? that are fairly heavily modified. Are there problems that people run into that no longer make the swap a viable option? I think that was the point. :roll:
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

its as simple as this, KL-ZE was never meant to be boosted so it wont take it to nicely and the honduh crawd has quite a bit more aftermarket than we do, and running into one of them really highly modded civics is rare and when you do, what we lack in speed we make up for in style :p
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

I'll break it down even MORE simple...

Few on this site have the MONEY to attempt such a thing, and the ones that do are smarter than to put 10 grand in a 6,000 FWD extinct car. I mean face it, the people that really went all out with their mx-3 (Jeff, Dave) SOLD their mx-3's to move on to something better. The Mx-3 was never meant to be a worldbeater, even through the enthusiasts know that. Hell i had 2 of em, spent upwards of $30,000, half of that was spent just to keep them on the road, then i spend 5k on a VR-4 that KILLS my mx-3's in every category.
On this site you have two types. The kind that like mx-3's and are making due with what they have, or the true mx-3 enthusiasts who know exactly what they're driving and love it because of what it is. Neither category is gonna spend the type cash needed for such a build up.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

"why is everyone so scared?"...hahaha

the fact that ANYONE on the INTERNET would take this as a direct attack, is lame. did someone get their feelings hurt?

the part about searching i can somewhat understand, but to a point, this post was the main way to get straight forward information. too many threads are filled with jumbled imformation, and it's hard to filter through the "wrong information".

just because you don't want a high hp setup, doesn't mean nobody else does.

when talking about high compression pistons, true you can make more hp on less boost, but you can run more boost on lower compression pistons and in turn make more hp.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
fredleysir

Post by fredleysir »

no one needs an 800 hp anything. people do it just because they can. just to say "i have an 800 hp supra" my entire point to this thread was that it seems like the KL-ZE is a much stronger engine than given credit for. curtklze told me himself it could handle a 125 wet shot of no2 stock... and the 800 hp 2.5 that had stock crank, heads, block, etc... yet it can only take 5 psi of boost?? that doesn't make much sense. yeah, droppin in a ZE and running 14s is nice, but any car that was modded properly runs 14s... turbo dsms run 14s stock. and as for mx3s not being fast, didn't dave lauzier hold the record for fastest stock bodied sport compact in canada or something?

<small>[ March 08, 2004, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: fredleysir ]</small>
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

it can "safly" handle 5 psi, If you say it can take 10-15 psi than some one will try it without the proper tuning and melt the engine.

at 5 psi you only need a better fuel pump and a FMU, and it would be safe.

at 10-15 psi you would need a stand alone ECU system, bigger injectors, adjustable FPR, upgraded ignition, upgraded fuel system.

its all in the tuning.

over 15 psi forged internals would be needed.

again, all this is usually more than most are willing to do or spend $$$ on.
Yes, I AM a bastard

Return to “Forced Induction”