CHEAP B6ze-T route...

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Timmyd865

CHEAP B6ze-T route...

Post by Timmyd865 »

Hey guys... here's my most current wish list

1. b6t mani and turbo - 300 ish
2. connect exhaust/flex joint - 150
3. RRFPR - 200
4. Rx7 fuel pump - 75
5. Mx6 IC - 75
6. Eclipse BOV - 50
7. Misc pipes - 200
8. Misc. coolant/oil stuff - 100
9. Upgrade clutch - 300

Ok.. there you have it. And the total is...1450 (USD)

My goal is to get this running RELAIBLY and SMOOTHLY DAILY for under 1500 and be able to stomp on stock v6 stangs and junk like that.
I plan to only do what the stock turbo puts out (5-7) so relativly low boost.

The following questions I would LOVE if you could answer them... when responding put the corrisponding number next to ur answer for easy refrence.. this is a long post :)

1. How hard is it to actually remove the exhaust manifold? Is it worth me taking it to a local (and awesome) exhaust shop and having them swap manifolds?

2. Is a RRFPR and an upgrade FP enough to push sum 5-7 psi?

3. I'm planning on mounting the IC under the hood and get it's air from Pontiac Grand Am hood vents mounted in reverse. This SHOULD be enough airflow... I'm pretty stuck on this one.. for ease of piping and sleeper look. Does anyone else think this is ok.. or MUST I go the FMIC route?

4. How hard is it to do the coolant lines? Where EXACTLY do I tap into?

5. How hard is it to do the oil FEED line? I know that one guy had his feed coming from a thing next to the disty.. is that frowned upon now? I hear it's not enough pressure... If not.. then where's a good place to get high pressured oil from.. ANY PICS?!?!

6. IF I upgraded injectors.. how would I keep the low rpm/non boosted times from running rich? Will my stock injectors hold 5-7 psi ok? Is there like.. a half way injector between the stock and b6t. I'm pretty sure if I stick in the 330's from the b6t.. it'll run too rich under normal operation and won't be worth it. Is there like.. a 270 or something that'd work WITH OUT ANY MODS!?!? Like.. I don't wanna refabricate, blah blah t his.. just swap.. like will the BP's work? I don't know their size... but.. will they work. Do they have the same impedance/ohms or whatever.

7. So it all comes down to.. can i do 5-7 on my parts listed above? POSSIBLE/SAFE?!?! Thanx!
Have a great day! Hope you can respond ASAP :)

<small>[ January 29, 2004, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Timmyd865 ]</small>
16" Sport Edition Fox 2's, Yokohama H4's, Eclipse CD player, Eclipse components, MTX amp, Lightning Audio woofers in a custom fiber glass enclosure, custom intake, factory spoiler installed, reverse indiglo gauges, custom switch panel<p> :) www.geocities.com/timsmx3
boostedmx

Re: CHEAP B6ze-T route...

Post by boostedmx »

1) not hard. there may be some rust but a little elbow grease and some penetrating oil will do the trick. you may need to cut some bolts and nuts off so have the dremel tool ready.

2) you can run an inline pump and a rrfpr will be ok for 5 psi.

3)this idea is ok if your car was moving at all times. your intercooler will be heat soaked and will loose efficiency while sitting still. i would definately look into a side mount or front mount instead. if the idea of the top mount still intrests you you could always go with a water to air intercooler out of a celica gt turbo or a cyclone. that would make for extra water plumbing but still be alot less piping to fabricate.

4)coolant lines can come from the throttle body. these lines can be unhooked and ran to the turbo

5)the oil feed line usually comes from the sender on the rear of the engine block. a "t" is usually installed and a line is run from that

6)for 5 -7 psi i would stay with just the rrfpr. it should be sufficient for what you need. you could always use the b6t injectors and use the safc to tune the idling characteristics but not when boosting. the rrfpr will handle that...

7)you should be fine with all this. just make sure you get the right fuel mixture. and make sure everything is protected from the added heat in the engine bay. double check all oil lines, fuel and coolant lines. make sure you have a good set of gauges so u can watch over your vitals. run premium gas. and wear your seatbelt!!
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

anyone got pics of the coolant lines from the TB? And anyone have pics of the oil thing on the back? thanx!
16" Sport Edition Fox 2's, Yokohama H4's, Eclipse CD player, Eclipse components, MTX amp, Lightning Audio woofers in a custom fiber glass enclosure, custom intake, factory spoiler installed, reverse indiglo gauges, custom switch panel<p> :) www.geocities.com/timsmx3
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Boosted, I've got a klze and was wondering about the coolant lines the other day. Now that you mention the throttle body, that makes perfect sense. Should it come from the sending line or the recieving line?
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site

Return to “Forced Induction”