TURBO CAMS ???

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

TURBO CAMS ???

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Hey Guys,

Quick question. Is it possible that these exist? I was told the cams off a 91 millenia were
slightly different or could be regrinded to give more power when used with a turbo instead of the ZE cams. To be alittle more specific, maximizes power/boost from approx 2500 to @ 6000 rpm.

Something along these lines, I could get the numbers off the cams and post it if need be.

Let me know if anyone has any insight on this topic.

Appreciated!
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: TURBO CAMS ???

Post by Custommx3 »

There is a guy on Probetalk that sells turbo cams.
Mike Selli? Setti? Someone correct me.
I think Interprep has some cams as well that may be well suited for F/I.

<small>[ October 21, 2003, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</small>
mxer4eva

Post by mxer4eva »

Yup its,Mike Selli, you should check the probetalk.com bulkbuy forum he usually runs a BB on his cam regrinds.

thanks
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Thank guys! any idea what cam he uses for the regrind?
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

mxer4eva

Post by mxer4eva »

Do you mean cam or cam profile? He just uses any KL series cam that you provide him to regrind, if not you will be charged a core charge.
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

mike seli doesn't make turbo regrinds. there is a lot of testing to be done but no one so far wants to be the guinee pig for that one. newayz Interprep makes the best streetable cams and they are for n/a applications. I would us the kl-01 cams if i were to go turbo as they are less aggressive and more forgiving on boost. :shrug: just so u know, putting in new cams is not a bolt on mod. you have to tune your car on a $dyno$ to get the maximum potential out of them.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Thanks.. I wasnt sure if they made turbo cams or not.

<small>[ October 22, 2003, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</small>
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Thanks for all your input. I did some investicating myself and discovered that mike selli only uses the ze or 03 cams as cores and regrinds them. He also doesn't have anything for a turbo setup at the momment.

So im still stuck as to what these cams are. I was told by a good source, that they exist and that he has a set. I still don't have the numbers off the cams but i can get that by the weekend. HE says that the cores are from a 91-92 millenia. He also said it was only one year that the millenia cams were different??

Any ideas on that guys? :confused2:
OSKY

Marlon

Post by Marlon »

you gonna turbo your ze?
any info on your setup?
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

Originally posted by EZ_4_FUN:
HE says that the cores are from a 91-92 millenia.

Any ideas on that guys? :confused2:
there were no 91-92 millenia's. If you are looking to turbo a klze then I'd worry more about the tranny and getting some heavy duty axles. Also you will need to go stand alone. I am also debating to go Turbo on my ze but my tranny is barely up to the task for just the ze so until I find a lsd and the money to do it right. It looks to be a lost cause where drivability is concerned. Over 250 whp on a fwd car w/o lsd is definatly an accident waiting to happen.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

the 91-94 millenias were not sold in north america, so we wont have ANY specs on the engines, neither will mazda U.S.A. or Mazda Canada.
If you have access to the guy, ask him what the stampings are on the cams.

they might be good because of the supper long duration of the intake and exhaust lobes, that meens there is alot of material that can be removed from the lobe so you can get the profile that you want. but I dont know what the lift is.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

So...

I got some info:

they are off a 92 ZE. One of the first ZE models?
the stampings on the cams are:
KL 421
" 431
" 441
" 451

Any ideas guys? Oh yeah and they are not regrinded! Could these be better/different than any other year KLZE??

Has anyone heard of these cams??
OSKY

EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

ANYONE ???? :confused2:
OSKY

babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

FYI mike seli is making turbo cams..he just need a guinee pig to test it..he claims that they make over 35whp difference..go check on probetalk in the FI forum
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “Forced Induction”