power windows, power locks...again

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Night MX-3

power windows, power locks...again

Post by Night MX-3 »

Sorry to post about power windows and power locks because so many people have before...but i have searched and havent exactly found the answers im looking for. I have a 95 RS with manual windows and locks. I want to swap both windows and locks to electric. I have no idea what wires are in the door or anything like that..i just want to know exactly what parts i am going to need for them both to work. Just the motors off of ebay? Thanks!
94 Honda Prelude SI
95 Mazda Mx-3 I4 auto (b0rked)

http://www.riderevolution.com
rayrrod

Re: power windows, power locks...again

Post by rayrrod »

IT TOOK ME A WHOLE DAY TO DO IT BUT THIS IS WHAT I DID . i have a 95 RS
i went to my friends local junk yard, parked my car next to a GS with power windows.
i took out one door panel at a time. i looked and took out one piece at a time. i had to also take out the wiring that goes from the door to the underdash.

i do not quite remember excatly what i did since i did not write it down and i am an old man, 56, that forgets so easy.

What helped is that i had all day, took something to drink and eat, about 6 hours or so to finish. i work slowly. was afraid to make mistakes and did not want to mess up anything.
since i had both cars parked next to each other, it was easy to do. just time consumig . also took out the door power swithche and used a dremel to install it in my car. did the power windows and power doors at the same time.
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Originally posted by Myardor:
IT TOOK ME A WHOLE DAY TO DO IT BUT THIS IS WHAT I DID . i have a 95 RS
i went to my friends local junk yard, parked my car next to a GS with power windows.
i took out one door panel at a time. i looked and took out one piece at a time. i had to also take out the wiring that goes from the door to the underdash.
Now THAT is an ambitious project. More power (pun intended) to ya!
Night MX-3

Post by Night MX-3 »

yeah..thats what i planned to do also, except, there are no mx-3's in any salvage yards around here.. So im going to have to get the parts some other way..and im still not sure what all i will need for both windows and locks. thanks!
94 Honda Prelude SI
95 Mazda Mx-3 I4 auto (b0rked)

http://www.riderevolution.com
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Okay, this is a two hour job. The easiest way to do it. You'll need both power window motors/tracks, switches, and wire harness. The wire harness unplugs in the hinge area of your door. Get the GS version, it will have the adapters for the power windows on it. Most RS's don't. Simply replace those items. Run the harness where your old one was, and unbolt maybe 4 bolts from your manual windows and replace it with the power ones. You'll have to cut in to your driver's door panel for the switch. That's about it.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”