integral to remote?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
BATTOSAI

integral to remote?

Post by BATTOSAI »

Is possible to convert an integral wastagate turbo to a remote wastegate one? How should it be done?<p>[ May 26, 2003: Message edited by: BATTOSAI ]</p>
European Mx3 GsRT
JWMotorsports

Re: integral to remote?

Post by JWMotorsports »

First you would have to have your turbo manifold adapted with a flange to mount a external wastegate to. To range about $500USD up over $1200USD for a wastegate. Tial and HKS offer the best ones. Then you would have to simply weld the internal actuator in closed position so it stays closed. Thats all that needs to be done. However you need to mount the external wastegate on the collector flange were it bolts to the turbo for optimal control.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

$500 - $1200USD for a Tial Wastegate? Sorry buddy but you;re shoppin in the wrong places. A 35mm Tial is about $210, a 40mm is $350, and a 46mm is $455. <p>I believe he was asking about putting a remote on the internal wastgate. He doesn't want to mount an external, he just wants to be able to control the internal.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

wastegate , BOV, same thing right?
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ryencool:
wastegate , BOV, same thing right?<hr></blockquote>
nope<p>bov controls boost in the intake and wastgate controls how much exhaust the turbo uses
they do more then this but thats the simple idea
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Ohhhhhhhhh I'm sorry. What I meant to say is that thats the prices I've seen (mostly HKS GT or the Larger Tial's). You can go with a smaller wastegate, however a larger one will offer crisper response. So sue me! :p
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

Does anybody know a car wich has a stock good looking wastegate? Maybe I can cut out expenses if I can found something used...
European Mx3 GsRT

Return to “Forced Induction”