May have been brought up before but...

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Aaron MacDougall

May have been brought up before but...

Post by Aaron MacDougall »

Couldn't find the answers to these questions in the archive (may not have been looking hard enough) but i just have a 2 quick questions. <p>1) Is the vj-14 internally or externally waste gated and what is it regulated at?<p>2) Does the 94+ rs maf see positive pressure (boost) and does the ecu compensate for it at all? If not the Shop that is helping me with my setup recommended that i used check valves to bleed off excess pressue to fool the maf.<p>Also since the Shop that is doing this for me ( http://www.hipemotorsports.com ) is one of the most well known honda tuning shops in canada they are going to try to fit in some 270cc honda injectors at no charge instead of going with the protege LX ones.<p>[ January 26, 2003: Message edited by: Aaron MacDougall ]</p>
jonathanj

Re: May have been brought up before but...

Post by jonathanj »

the mass air doesnt see any positive pressure. it just reads how much air the turbo is injesting. and yes it does compensate that to a degree. i would recomend using a apex safc to help with the gas, as well as other things. as for the turbo it has an internal wastegate.
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

the maf will be located in front of the turbo intake. it doesnt "see" any boost just the added air being sucked through it. i would question there knowledge being that they are trying to fool a maf sensor with check valves.. however, the maf will compensate somewhat but a rrfpr will do from there to a certain extent. :shrug:
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

270cc injectors aren't enough I think...
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Aaron MacDougall

Post by Aaron MacDougall »

haha sorry that wasn't meant to mean if the maf actually "see's" boost but just if it see's the extra air being sucked in and compensates for it somewhat (sorry heh). BTW would never question the knowledge of this shop ;) just not very familiar with mazda's is all...they'll learn i guess. Since it was brought up in earlier posts that the 230cc pro lx injectors will work up to about 155whp i think possibly the 270cc honda injectors should be fine for the stock 8psi.<p>Thanks for the quick respnses everyone, appreciated muchly.<p>[ January 26, 2003: Message edited by: Aaron MacDougall ]</p>

Return to “Forced Induction”