SOHC turbo

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
bakedyeti

SOHC turbo

Post by bakedyeti »

I have a 93 rs SOHC and i was planning on setting it up with a turbo using a gtx manifold. Now, doing some final research i hear that the manifold only fits the DOHC engine. anyone know of any other options that are out there for turboing my car besides a full out custom job.
boostedmx

Re: SOHC turbo

Post by boostedmx »

im installin a turbo kit for a fellow mxer from PA on his sohc and i had one made for him. he is havin it ceramic coated and it is equal length with a t3 super 60 turbo. there is a machine shop by me that makes them and does a very good job.(about 300-350 bucks plus another 100 for the coating) waiting for a final turbo placement to finish the flange but it looks very very promising. you live close enough if your interested i could show you the finished product in a couple weeks. :D :D
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

read my recent post about 'need custom turbo manifold? read'...didnt ANYONE see that post?
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

I kind of get lost in your daily barrage of posts marshmellow hehe..<P>Anyways im up in rochester NY, with a sohc, id love to see this puppy in action as the SOHC is a viable engine for decent horsepower, no ones done it though. I myself might go the b6t route but ecu, fuel managment etc are holding me back till I can get a stand alone.
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
bakedyeti

Post by bakedyeti »

So what part of NY are you in boostedmx? I'd definatly like to see how this project is coming along. Also if i can get my hands on a decent turbo can you get me in touch with this machine shop? the gtx exhaust manifold not fitting the SOHC is the only thing holding me back on this project. Oh yeah marshmallow i read your post and looked at the link, it just seemed like to much of a pain in the rear end to send stuff back and forth.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ryencool:<BR><STRONG>I kind of get lost in your daily barrage of posts marshmellow hehe..</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i give up.. :p
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Return to “Forced Induction”