Thoughts on this kit?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Stevie D

Thoughts on this kit?

Post by Stevie D »

I have been looking for a nice kit to supercharge my car with for the longest time. No one seems to have something simple. I finaly found this kit and I was just wondering if anyone thought it is worth a try. it seems reasonable to me so just let me know what you think.I am more interested in the supercharger. I dont want to turbo it at all. thanks alot<BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/knightturbos/promaz.html" TARGET=_blank>This Way To The Power</A><P><BR> Image
Manach

Re: Thoughts on this kit?

Post by Manach »

Knight's Turbo got some bad repution on this board.. But, I would suggest you see with this site how he have done his : <A HREF="http://www.mazdamaniac.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mazdamaniac.com/</A> <P>Hope that help the begining of your search.
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
Stevie D

Post by Stevie D »

What is so bad about knight turbos? I mean, they have a kit that works for my car that doesnt involve any custom work. Thats what I have been looking for. I received a e-mail from them telling me all about the new product they have and specs. It seems very understandable and a much better investment then putting a turbo in. I dont race my MX-3, I just like to blow away the other cars that think i only have a kit. the 2.5L WOWs alot of people but i would love a supercharger! If anyone has any evidence to why I should NOT save for this product PLEASE let me know. Thank you
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

See, the problem is that it DOES require custom work. I'd say about 10% of his kits don't require total refabrication to fit. You might as well buy a supercharger kit for a 5.0 Mustang, cause at least you KNOW it's not gonna fit.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Check this post. I have some pics of his "custom"intercooler kit. I am not toooo happy with the design. I am sure it would work but not on my car.. <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 9&t=000360" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... =000360</A>
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG>I am sure it would work but not on my car..</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>LOL<BR>Well put. That's how it is, sadly enough. Not to mention the crockpot heat sheilds or cracked welds...
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

The basic supercharger kit comes with the blower and the drive system. This should work fine right? I would get the rest of the stuff myself before install. I read Jeffs site on the drive system problems, but maybe his was just bad luck.. And if it was normal I could always follow what jeff did I guess.. Or would it be easier for me just to go buy the parts and have a shop locally make it for me?
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

I agree with Dave...don't waste your money on his products
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

I want to know if there is anyone out there with a postive experience? I hear all the negitives related to Jeffs experience and thats it. One person has said it needed some rework done to it, however the design was still good. Maybe this was just a bad kit, a low point for TKT and maybe they have improved since then. Or maybe it was just bad luck this one time?
pelado

Post by pelado »

Both of your posts show that you failed to grasp the significance of Jeff's problems with the drive system. It obviously had nothing to do with bad luck and everything to do with poor engineering.<P>You best course of action is to consult TKT personally. Remind him of his religious leanings and appeal to his sense of fair play to produce a kit that will repair his reputation. I do not think this is likely, but you never know.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I was speaking with David Coleman last night about their kits. He said hes even seen TKT use a crock pot that was cut and welded as a heat shield. I wouldnt buy a kit that has parts that came from wal-mart in the cooking section.
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

I grasped Jeffs problems just fine. What I am getting at is nobody makes kits for our cars but TKT.. Now if I had to rebuild the drive system to make it stronger and better fine, however I do need the plans to build it. I don't want to screw my motor up. Now the crockpot this is way over the top.. I can't believe that they(TKT) would do that... My problem is I want to do a supercharger system but I am not a welder and if I just take pictures to a shop locally they are going to charge me out the butt.. What the local shop would charge is more than likely more than it would cost me just to buy the kit from TKT and then have a machineshop just make it better.. I just want to know what you guy would do?
pelado

Post by pelado »

If you don't have the knowhow to do the work yourself and you don't want to pay somone else to do it, then it appears you're stuck with a normal aspirated engine. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “Forced Induction”