turbo kl-ze

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
VizualXTC

Re: turbo kl-ze

Post by VizualXTC »

maybe, but unless you are planning a full drag car is it worth it? Figure the KL03 costs $400-$600 while the KLZE is $1200-$2000 plus lowering compression would cost about $600-$1000 on top of that. Is it worth the extra $2000? It wouldn't be for me. I'd settle with the KL03, port and polish, and go from there. BUT like I said, that is my own opinion. :roll:
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

David got his ZE for less than a grand. My thoughts would be even if you got the kl-de, then it would be rebuilt for strength's sake, just keeping the same compression... it that case, i think it WOULD be worth it.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>David got his ZE for less than a grand. My thoughts would be even if you got the kl-de, then it would be rebuilt for strength's sake, just keeping the same compression... it that case, i think it WOULD be worth it.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ok, David got his for under a grand, from Probetalk you can get then for $950 + S&H. Beside the point. If you have deep pockets, fine, get the ZE and lower compression, if you just want to "waste alot of cars around here" like Orange stated, he can do that with a boosted KLDE or a KLZE with stock compression. Like I said, I don't think it's worth it to spend an extra $1000+ to lower compression when it's not needed. He's not goin all out drag, just wants to beat the Utah street ricers which 300BHP in the MX-3 will take 95% of.<BR> <BR>I don't think it's worth it.<BR>You do. <BR>Let's agree to disagree.<BR>Let Orange decide if it's worth it to him or not.<P>Orange, hit me up with an email. We should get a meet goin. I know of like 3 other Utah MX-ers.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Pictures of Sean Matthews turbo KLZE<BR> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <P>For what it's worth, those pictures have been on my site--linked in my sig--for a good year now. Many other pictures of Turbo KL's there too.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

honda guys turbo gsr engines all the time they are 10:1 compression <BR>kl-ze have the same compression
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

The kl03 cams are more advisable to a turbocharged engine because of it less agressive profile. Kl-ze heads are better because they have bigger intake valves and stiffer springs. The ze manifold is better because of the larger inner diameter.Kl03 pistons are less compressive than the ze´s. I think that if I have enough cash and availability to the parts I´d rather go for a blend of all those parts and build a really fast engine!!
European Mx3 GsRT
wkdmx3gsr

Post by wkdmx3gsr »

their is a twin turbo and a single turbo set up for the klze. check with knightsturbo they are located in flordia the single turbo kit comes with everything for $4,500.00 plus shipping.
1992 MAZDA MX-3 GSR 2.5LTR V-6
2005 SUBARU STI
2004 NISSAN ARMADA
http://www.cardomain.com/id/wkdmx3gsr
http://www.netuners.com
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

and if youd read other posts regarding thomas knight and is so called kits youd understand why nobody on this board buys his crap. the quality is horrible, old turbos and the welding is that of a 5yr old. even heard a story where he sent someone a heatshiel with a kit, this so called heat shield turned out to be a cut pot.<BR>for 4500 u can get a lot more power and reliability out of a custom made kit than with one of his disaster kits<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BATTOSAI:<BR><STRONG>Kl-ze heads are better because they have bigger intake valves and stiffer springs. </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hmmm? I hadn't heard the KLZE had stiffer valve springs. <P>I know the KLZE has larger intake HLA's. <P>I've seen posts recently stating the KLZE has larger intake valves and I'm beginning to wonder if this is just hearsay being spread rapidly. You would think such heady news (pun intended) would have made the rounds a long time ago.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BATTOSAI:<BR><STRONG>Kl03 pistons are less compressive than the ze´s.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>As said in previous posts. All lowering the compression does is allow more boost. WHICH will bring the internal pressures to the same as if you kept the stock 10:1 compression, and put in lower boost. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

<A HREF="http://www.mazdafun.com/news%20mps.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mazdafun.com/news%20mps.htm</A> or <A HREF="http://www.mazdafun.com/news%20mps.htm" TARGET=_blank>here</A> . A twin turbo kl-ze so it can be and has been done. Now if it is within the average person price range s beyond me [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

the engine in that concept car is just that... a concept. It also says it is based on the KL-ZE, which in all actuality could mean its the KL-DE for all we know. Show me a twin turbo ZE thats seen more than 10 mins street time.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The_Great_Tonge:<BR><STRONG><A HREF="http://www.mazdafun.com/news%20mps.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mazdafun.com/news%20mps.htm</A> or <A HREF="http://www.mazdafun.com/news%20mps.htm" TARGET=_blank>here</A> . A twin turbo kl-ze so it can be and has been done. Now if it is within the average person price range s beyond me [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That has been done. And why you would setup a TT system to gain 80BHP, when a single turbo system is cheaper and can produce 300BHP on the KLZE engine is beyond me. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Hey guys,<P>Please dont rip me, but what I.M would yield best results on a Turbo ZE?? I have also been thinking of this project,.<P>Should I just leave the stock one or slap a kl-03 or MS8 I.M?<P>I will be running it with a 03 ecu and vaf<P>I dont know, just curious anyone?<P>Thanks in advance
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EZ_4_FUN:<BR><STRONG>Hey guys,<P>Please dont rip me, but what I.M would yield best results on a Turbo ZE?? I have also been thinking of this project,.<P>Should I just leave the stock one or slap a kl-03 or MS8 I.M?<P>I will be running it with a 03 ecu and vaf<P>I dont know, just curious anyone?<P>Thanks in advance</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>A custom IM would be best ;)
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Forced Induction”