Lowering suspension : where to start

Post by Brainless »

What do I need to do and buy?<P>------------------<BR>Brainless<BR>93 red RS
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
Brainless

Re: Lowering suspension : where to start

Post by Brainless »

I want to drop my car about 1 or 1'3 inch. Everything on my car is stock right now<P>------------------<BR>Brainless<BR>93 red RS
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Id go with the weapon-R or Groundcontrol Coilovers.<P>They are adjustable in height. only about 100 bucks more than just springs. People say, well thats 100 bucks, well can you lower and raise your car on the fly?<BR>Get coilovers. Corksport sells them.<P>------------------<BR>Barry Clark<BR><I><B>Moderator</B></I><BR>1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS<BR>Chaste White<BR><A HREF="http://www.barrykclark.com" TARGET=_blank>barrykclark.com</A> <BR> custommx3@usa.net
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

Is that all I need?<BR>What do you mean by on the fly?<P>------------------<BR>Brainless<BR>93 red RS
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

Is easy to do?<BR>I mean can a guy with the minimum tool like me can do it?<P>------------------<BR>Brainless<BR>93 red RS
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
white fish

Post by white fish »

You will probily need a camber kit <BR>And every time you raise and lower your car you will have to get a alinement
pgcar

Post by pgcar »

no camber kit...drop mine 1.5...no problem with camber!<BR>
mazdasound

Post by mazdasound »

It is relatively easy to do.<P>you need to jack up the corner of the car, then spin a plate that the spring is sittng on.<P>I'm just getting them installed on monday.<P>it will cost me about 750 plus tax (Can). For just springs (1.5") it would be 400 or 450 (cant remember). i think it will probably be about the same for you.<P>good luck<p>[This message has been edited by mazdasound (edited August 09, 2001).]
Sinistral

Post by Sinistral »

When you said it will cost you 750$ Are you talking about The kit or just the spring.. Cuz I need new shock.. So Can I take the same thing as you..??? for only 750$
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Hey man,<P> get a spring compressor and do it yourself!! I bet it wont take longer than four hours. U need a jack, jackstands, umm and a 17mm socketwrench and some other sockets. Look at my webpage and you can see the springs. If you need help lemme know. I have ground control and wouldnt change it for the world!!<P>------------------<BR>Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS<BR> 14.62@99.4<BR> Now with NOS
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Rusty Nail

Post by Rusty Nail »

I dropped my 94 RS 2.25inches and didnt need a camber kit. Its enough that you can barely tell they are bowed but not enough to need one. I have Eibach ground controls.
94mx3rsr

Post by 94mx3rsr »

First thing i would recomend, don't buy coilovers unless you race your mx3!<P>1)they are expensive<BR>2)if you don't want your nice performance tires to wear all crooked....you gotta get an alignment each time you change positions.($40.00 per alignment)<BR>3)they're meant for people who are in racing....the weekend warrior kinda guy who drives his car on a road course. racing setup/solo, street setup <P>For a little more than what you'll pay for coilovers, you'll get the finest springs(H&R - makers of eibach springs) they'll drop you 1.5f/1.3r, + you'll also get nice tokico or kyb struts which are meant to handle the stress of the stiffer springs!<P>in canada:<BR>approx $850 for the coilovers(eibach groundcontrol)<BR>aprrox $950 struts + springs(h&R-tokico)<P>thus making your car a much better handler than one equiped with stock spongy struts! + 1.5/1.3 is more than enough unless you do car shows or things like that.......and you wouldn't want your suspension arms in a V shape anyways...it don't handle too good!<P>anyhow hope it helps you decide on what to buy! No offense to ground control buyers....Serious! Image
Jean-Michel Basque
STOCK BPT @ 8.5PSI
3 RUNS ON THE 1/4 = 14.85 @ 96
Sinistral

Post by Sinistral »

Ok I went to the mazda dealer and he said to me .. Yourrrrr shock are finish.. I dont remember but he said 1 or 2 shock with time will cost me 450$ or more.. f--- It so if i need to change all my shock.. And I want to lower my car.. How much I need to pay! in CDN<P>Thanks

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”