millenia supercharger on 2.5?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
timpronk

millenia supercharger on 2.5?

Post by timpronk »

will the millenia supercharger fit on the 2.5, it is stated that it will fit v6 and v8?<P>Also the millenia is a 2.3<BR>is the intake manifold from that engine the one that fits the kzle or does the millenia also come with a 2.5 non-supercharged which is where the proper intake manifold comes from?<P>Thanks
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
Sonicxtacy02

Re: millenia supercharger on 2.5?

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by timpronk:<BR><STRONG>will the millenia supercharger fit on the 2.5, it is stated that it will fit v6 and v8?<P>Also the millenia is a 2.3<BR>is the intake manifold from that engine the one that fits the kzle or does the millenia also come with a 2.5 non-supercharged which is where the proper intake manifold comes from?<P>Thanks</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The supercharged millenia is a miller cycle engine and not a K-series. You could physically fit it in the bay but you'd have to customize the setup. The intake manifold that works with the ZE is from the non-supercharged version of the millenia
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

so the supercharger itself would fit, which is what I thought. I figured it would need modifactions to the rest of the setup of course to work. But it is a possibitly then to use this supercharger on a 2.5 setup.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by timpronk:<BR><STRONG>so the supercharger itself would fit, which is what I thought. I figured it would need modifactions to the rest of the setup of course to work. But it is a possibitly then to use this supercharger on a 2.5 setup.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>indeed<P> :D
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

A supercharger will fit just about any engine as ling as you have room for it. Whether its safe for that motor, now thats a different story. I believe Jeff Abrams is using a Vortec SC on his KL 2.5L.<P>Here is a pic of it<BR><A HREF="http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/badmx3/vwp?. ... t&.hires=t" TARGET=_blank>CLICK HERE</A><p>[ September 19, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
Psyrg

Post by Psyrg »

I have thought of using that same supercharger with a KL-ZE, as I have always wondered how well a positive displacement supercharger would work with it.<P>Barry Clark has a very vaild point here, especially because it is a positive displacement compressor. Looking at the compression ratio drop in the 2.3L engine from 10:1 (Otto cycle) to 8:1 (Miller cycle), it can be concluded that the supercharger makes up for at least the extra 2:1 lost. Two bar is a lot of boost, and if you try it on your KL-ZE with the belt ratios on the Miller engine I believe you will proably destroy a KL-ZE or two.<P>Perhaps as a safty measure you could install a pressure relief valve in your manifold. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

this is the reason I have inquired about this<BR> <A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1859574947" TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 9574947</A>
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
WrenchMaster76

Post by WrenchMaster76 »

The supercharger used on the 2.3L Miller cycle Millenias are not typical superchargers, like centrifugal or lobed-vane superchargers. The 2.3L uses a Lysholm compressor, which unlike the 2 forementioned types, produces true positive-displacement boost. Other superchargers simply "blow" air, hence the name "blowers". The 2.3L supercharger will actually compress the intake gases like an air compressor, which means if you hook it up to even a slightly modded 2.5L, you're probably going to blow the heads off the block at around 5000 RPM. Just a suggestion...don't try it.
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by timpronk:<BR><STRONG>this is the reason I have inquired about this<BR> <A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1859574947" TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ><P>You're going to need a lot more than that. Save your money and look for a wrecked Millenia S so you can get everything you need.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Psyrg

Post by Psyrg »

Indeed, I wouldnt envy the task of machining the necessary interfaces. Still, if you can pull off something like this <A HREF="http://www.autospeed.com/A_0872/page1.html" TARGET=_blank>killer ute</A>... :)

Return to “Forced Induction”