Turbo in a can....

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mmonid

Re: Turbo in a can....

Post by mmonid »

I was thinking the same thing, but it is an interesting idea. I still won't buy one, it is not worth blowing up my motor for.
Matthew Monid

1993 MX-3 RS 5-Speed (Sold)/1997 Volvo 850 AWD Turbo 5-Speed
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

this thing won't work....the 125 PSI is very concentrated, this should deplete as soon as you let it out.
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paragon:<BR><STRONG>this thing won't work....the 125 PSI is very concentrated, this should deplete as soon as you let it out.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah, but isn't the air controlled? It musn't let all the air out in the same time right?
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

any possible boost would go back out the air filter or waste gate<P>I would just take an oxygen tank from a cutting torch and run it right to the intake<BR>2000psi boost :roll: <P>and don't try that either<P>the only thing I see is a cooler air everything else is B.S. I wasted enough time
13.023 @ 105 mph
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patapouf:<BR><STRONG><P>Yeah, but isn't the air controlled? It musn't let all the air out in the same time right?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>what i was saying is that as soon as the 125 PSI leaves the tiny nozzle, it's practilly gone
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paragon:<BR><STRONG><P>what i was saying is that as soon as the 125 PSI leaves the tiny nozzle, it's practilly gone</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ok, then you refill it! No?
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

pay attention, palofpits...im trying to explain to you why it won't work. i don't want to start an argument. i was saying that as soon as the air leaves the nozzle, it's gone, no effect on the engine. sorry, but it just won't work. it's similar to sticking an electric fan on your intake. so go ahead and get it if you want, i'm sure if it worked, it would be in every honda by now. and hey, why not put a whistle in your muffler to make it sound like you have a BOV while you're at it?
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paragon:<BR><STRONG>pay attention, palofpits...im trying to explain to you why it won't work. i don't want to start an argument. i was saying that as soon as the air leaves the nozzle, it's gone, no effect on the engine. sorry, but it just won't work. it's similar to sticking an electric fan on your intake. so go ahead and get it if you want, i'm sure if it worked, it would be in every honda by now. and hey, why not put a whistle in your muffler to make it sound like you have a BOV while you're at it?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Sheesh! Dont take it too much at heart! I was in no way planning on purchassing it, I just wondered why it wouldn't work to a degree, but now that you actually took the time to actually explain exactly what you meant, people (like me) who do not understand as much get a little educated!<P>And what's this about placing a whistle on my exhaust for a BOV sound? Get a life!<BR> :)
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Since this post is NOT about forced induction, but a worthless gimick....<P><B>Post Moved to Off Topic</B>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Return to “Forced Induction”