Turbo RS

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
bakedyeti

Turbo RS

Post by bakedyeti »

I'm guessing they don't make a bolt on turbo kit specificaly for the mx-3, so where can i find one that is a decent fit? i want something kinda small with a quick spool up time. but i'll take what i can get. oh yeah where is a good spot to put an intercooler?
Stevech_2001

Re: Turbo RS

Post by Stevech_2001 »

you can't find one cause they dont' make them....maybe there is a performance shop in ny that will make a "custom kit" for you but other then that man your on your own...it has to be custom....call around to performance places and see if they know of any shops that will do it for you....KickassMAzda did a custom kit for his DOHC 4 cylinder
Steve
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

If you want we can talk about me making you a custom kit that will work, The mandrel bent pipes would have to be 2.75" diameter thats the best my mandrel bender will do.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
Tman

Post by Tman »

Hey mike, How much did everything cost you?
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

I cant remember off the top of my head, but my how to has it all there plus add another $400.00 to that price to rebuild the turbo.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
MX3RS

Post by MX3RS »

louie I want to see these dyno sheets to back your claims up. NO EXCUSES<p>[ July 26, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by louie:<BR><STRONG>listen 94 rs, there is no need to be vulgar so that moderators need to edit your posts(otherwise i will deal with u very personally)..i am telling u what i was told from rthe dyno shop who nstalled my tornado and tuned it...he said i could not see the dyno sheets cause his printer was out..but i knolw there is a difference since i can beat all supped up hondas and hang with a lot of muscle cars..</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Congrats, you're the dumbest person ever to grace this board.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
MX3RS

Post by MX3RS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Coleman:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>Congrats, you're the dumbest person ever to grace this board.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I 2nd that
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

3rd strike....youre out
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

LOL
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

ignorance must be bliss and very nice. especially thinking that a little piece of metal will net you sooooo much hp. in that case would anyone like the bpt motor from my mx cause i dont need it anymore. screw the motor swap. ill put the old one in and put the ternader thingy in. but if you say that the ternader thing adds that much power and say it does. how the hell can you say that the mx-3 with (dohc) starts with 105 and gains 48 hp. that equals 153hp to the crank. but hey well say whp. so maybe 180 hp just to be happy. then you add the 28 tq. so now you have 128 tq and say to the wheels. maybe youd have about 150 just to be happy. if this is the case then i should be able to beat all those muscle cars or at least hang with them. my mx-3 has 180-190 (intake and 2.5 inch downpipe and exhaust) and about 160 tq or so. im sorry but i get my a-- handed to me when i race mustang gt's at the local strip of course. my car im sure would smoke yours as of right now and im tellin you you cant hang with a v8 powered muscle car. please dont post things like this. please help my intelligence by not making it go any lower than it is. schools about to start again (comm. college) and by god i need all the i.q. points i can get. thanks. :)<P><BR>wwwwwhhhhhhheeeeeeeewwwwwww gonna go sleep now cause my brain hurts. too much thinking.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>3rd strike....youre out</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>That he is. Wow...the board already seems better without him. :thup:
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
CrackDaner

Post by CrackDaner »

1st of all louie... the tornado has a easy install... I have watch the programs about it... and its looks easy enough to install yourself and not waste the money to get it put on by a shop... I mean they had a old lady install hers on the program... 2nd there is no tuning on a peice of metal that goes in your air filter... so that is another load of crap... and the website says in adds 5 to a max of 10 or 15 but when it hits the tires it about 5 or less so give it up man... nice try... we are to smart for that load of crap though... sorry... PS. next time do some research before you go taking up and little peice of metal made in mexico... :roll:
DANER
CrackDaner

Post by CrackDaner »

Kick@$$mazda I am really interested in the custom kit... if you could e-mail me at riderda@hotmail.com and tell me more info... thanks man <P><BR>MAZDA... WHO NEEDS ANYTHING ELSE! :D
DANER
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

i was thinking of swapping in a gs engine, then turbocharging that with a quick spooling turbo for daily driving and possibly rebuilding the transmission and internals. <BR>do you think a quick spooling turbo would be reasonable so i could simply get traction early for daily driving and avoid the hassles of broken transmission, axles, and internals with a large spooling turbo? <BR>what would be a good turbocharger to use in the gs engine for daily driving?
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Return to “Forced Induction”