Super, Turbo & Nitrous?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
VizualXTC

Re: Super, Turbo & Nitrous?

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thalaric:<BR><STRONG>Well, I'm pretty set on installing a supercharger. One of the reasons being is that there are'nt alot of super-charged MX-3's out there. <P>Thanks for the info VisualXTC<P>MX-K, if you want some parts, I'll see what I can do. Give me a shout on ICQ<P>ICQ#: 11193001<BR>or try my cell:<BR>(780) 953-2984<BR>My real names Bobby. Just mention the bulletin board and I'll figure out who you are...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Good luck, I hope everything works out. I'll be good to see another Supercharged MX-3.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

if he removes the a/c then the SC will be more efficient and for v6 it is cheaper and more reliable. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nvrsrndr:<BR><STRONG>if he removes the a/c then the SC will be more efficient and for v6 it is cheaper and more reliable. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>LOL! Whatever you say bud
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>nvrsrndr </B><P>if he removes the a/c then the SC will be more efficient and for v6 it is cheaper and more reliable. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>nvrsrndr </B><P>if he removes the a/c then the SC will be more efficient and for v6 it is cheaper and more reliable. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>are you saying that the sc will be more effecient than a turbo, or the sc w/o a/c will be more effecient than a sc with a/c?
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
Thalaric

Post by Thalaric »

A/C is already out. Although the last few days here in Edmonton have been really hot (record setting high temperatures...) so I'm kinda regretting it...
Bobby Talaber<BR> aka<BR> Thalaric<BR>'93 MX-3 V6 GS <BR>w/insane custom modifications
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Do yourself a favor. Put your a/c back in and just go with a turbo.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
Thalaric

Post by Thalaric »

[img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <BR>That's the whole thing Visual. I would be able to just 'go' with a turbo. But with a supercharger, I would be able to 'go' really, really fast. That and it's somewhat unique to have a S/C MX-3
Bobby Talaber<BR> aka<BR> Thalaric<BR>'93 MX-3 V6 GS <BR>w/insane custom modifications
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

even though it's been done, a supercharged mx is diff, but a turbo has a lot more potential. just my .02
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thalaric:<BR><STRONG> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <BR>That's the whole thing Visual. I would be able to just 'go' with a turbo. But with a supercharger, I would be able to 'go' really, really fast. That and it's somewhat unique to have a S/C MX-3</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Dood, you get just as much, if not more power from a turbo system than with a SC system. The turbo is more efficient. THe SC takes power away from the engine. The turbo uses power from the exhaust that would usually be wasted. I agree that it would be nice to see another supercharged MX-3 but if overall output is what you want, the turbo is the way to go. We can debate this forever but turbo is more efficient than SC (with all variables identical). Buy hey I'm just tryin to help ya out. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
Ebsouljah

Post by Ebsouljah »

If you want to see that kind of set uo go here...http://speedoptions.com/news_hottestcar ... g=0......I know its an acura but its still tight!!
MX-3000GT

Post by MX-3000GT »

Hello,<BR>I just purchased my MX-3 GS-E a few weeks ago, has some basic mods, intake, high flow car, and exhaust. I found a NOS> kit for 500$ says 40-60 HP adjustable, and that it is made for a stock engine. I am wanting to know if it would be worth doing it, and if i should get a new clutch (if so, what kind?). I dont feel like frying my clutch... By the way, do they make a product to fill in scratches on rims. I have 18 inch Giovanna Kuji Rims, and the dub s--- before me was like.."hey, lets run into a freaking curb with them!" so i want to get rid of that. And if anyone is interested in body kits, wings, etc. My brother is the owner of <A HREF="http://www.PaAutoRacing.com" TARGET=_blank>www.PaAutoRacing.com</A> , and if you like something that isnt on teh site, just give us a link to it, and we will sell it cheaper than the place. But my biggest concern is, what do i need to do to my car, to keep it in one piece, when i hit that little red button?<BR>Thanks <A HREF="http://www.PaAutoRacing.com" TARGET=_blank>www.PaAutoRacing.com</A>
PaAutoRacing.com's MX-3000GT
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX-3000GT:<BR><STRONG>Hello,<BR>I just purchased my MX-3 GS-E a few weeks ago, has some basic mods, intake, high flow car, and exhaust. I found a NOS> kit for 500$ says 40-60 HP adjustable, and that it is made for a stock engine. I am wanting to know if it would be worth doing it, and if i should get a new clutch (if so, what kind?). I dont feel like frying my clutch... By the way, do they make a product to fill in scratches on rims. I have 18 inch Giovanna Kuji Rims, and the dub s--- before me was like.."hey, lets run into a freaking curb with them!" so i want to get rid of that. And if anyone is interested in body kits, wings, etc. My brother is the owner of <A HREF="http://www.PaAutoRacing.com" TARGET=_blank>www.PaAutoRacing.com</A> , and if you like something that isnt on teh site, just give us a link to it, and we will sell it cheaper than the place. But my biggest concern is, what do i need to do to my car, to keep it in one piece, when i hit that little red button?<BR>Thanks <A HREF="http://www.PaAutoRacing.com" TARGET=_blank>www.PaAutoRacing.com</A></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I've heard good things about ACT and Clutch Master clutch kits.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage

Return to “Forced Induction”