weird a-- turbo

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
phantom12183

weird a-- turbo

Post by phantom12183 »

hey, this is for all of you who know what you are talking about when it comes to turbos...I work at a construction company and in the yard there is like an 85 chrysler laser sitting there, and so me being the curious guy i am, lifted up the hood and looked underneath. What i found was a 2.2 four cylinder turbo charged engine, that appeared to be in good condition. Also, I noticed that the engine set up was very similar to my 92 mx-3 SOHC. What i mean is the engine sits almost exactly the same way, exhaust manifolds and intake manifolds are in the same places. I then got some crazy idea...HHmmm.. "I wonder if this turbo would fit on my car". Will someone that knows turbos get back to me and hook me up with some expert advice...thanks!!
Have a wonderful day!<P>[banned because he believed rules werent ment to be followed. Tried to reason with him, but refused to cooperate. Decided to insult, those posts deleted, Banned. Sorry, but rules are rules, I dont make them, I'm asked to enforce them.]
OsoSlo z28

Re: weird a-- turbo

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

the turbo itself will fit anything. you just have to have a manifold made.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
VizualXTC

Re: weird a-- turbo

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:<BR><STRONG>the turbo itself will fit anything. you just have to have a manifold made.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, the turbocharger unit is universal. The problems you will have is mounting, plumbing, and manifold work.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Forced Induction”