Is the bp6 or the bpt available to the v6 version?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
PJT84

Is the bp6 or the bpt available to the v6 version?

Post by PJT84 »

Will the turbo engine fit in the 1.8 v6 dohc version of the mx-3. If so will it take alot of mods, etc. Or is it just better to get a v4 and do it to that version?<P>Thanks [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
OsoSlo z28

Re: Is the bp6 or the bpt available to the v6 version?

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

yes, the b6t and bpt will fit, BUT you will need to replace almost everything from the bumper to the firewall with items from the I-4. it's best for people with the I-4 to swap the bpt and b6t. you have the gs so you have other options. there's the kl-03(aprox. 170hp) and the kl-ze(aprox. 200hp).
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
PJT84

Post by PJT84 »

i know thers the k03 and the klze, but i can't turbo those. I'd really prefer an engine with a turbo in it. Im looking to eventually get around 250-300 horses running in my mx-3 if i can't do that with the v6 gs i may try to sell it or swap it for a v4 version. I've decided so far im gonna need a new ecu, short ram dragon air intake, and a few other mods. But the engine is my main concern for now. I haven't heard all great things about the klze. I really want to find some turbo engine that would get my car up to that hp range and hopefully improve the speed and torque.<P><BR>any suggestions are welcome [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

why cant you turbo those.. people like sean matthews have. Any car can be turbocharged giving the space in the hood is adequate. If you're talking about an engine with a turbo included then you should have bought a I4 and swapped.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I would just swap to a 2.5L and do a custom turbo setup on it. If you were to turbocharge the KLZE, 300HP would be a reletively easy goal to meet.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I have to differ. When you look @ the compression of the KLZE (10:1) you cant add alot of boost, you'll blow the thing up. I think Jeff Abrams said 5-7lbs is about max you can run. The person to ask would be Sean @ streetimports.com
PJT84

Post by PJT84 »

so then the bpt can take more compression? than the klze? Also im not sure if i can spare that much room to turbo charge a klze, thats a tremendous amount of space needed. <P>In the end which one is prefered? the v4 swap to bpt/bp6 or the v6-klze?<P>all info is appreciated :roll:
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i think you mean boosts, and yes the bp can take more boost because of its lower compression. What you need to do is determine how much you wanna spend and what hp/tq goal you're looking to acheive. Once you do that your question will pretty much be answered. Assuming you have unlimited funds and a goal of 300+hp, then it would be wise to go to the bp. But why the hell would ya need more than 300 outta the little mx, especially if you're only driving street.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Custommx3:<BR><STRONG>I have to differ. When you look @ the compression of the KLZE (10:1) you cant add alot of boost, you'll blow the thing up. I think Jeff Abrams said 5-7lbs is about max you can run. The person to ask would be Sean @ streetimports.com</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have spoken with Sean Matthews of Streetimports on this matter quite a few times. (he's prolly gettin sick of me :)) He has told me that 7-8 is the most you'll want to boost becuz after that you run into preignition problems. If you run 7 PSI on the KLZE should yeild upwards of ~290HP. With other mods 300 is an easy goal.<BR>If you have info that can prove me wrong please post it becuz I don't want to be spreading misinformation.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
PJT84

Post by PJT84 »

well my fund is around the 4-6k range, so im not sure whether to stick with the v6 gs or sell it and get a v4 rs. Im really thinking the v4 is the way to go b/c of the bp. And yes im looking for around 250-300hp. Im looking to improve the torque ratio on the gears and all, i mean the default on the gs is really weak.

Return to “Forced Induction”