VJ-14 Turbo........Ready Now What???

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mazda20

VJ-14 Turbo........Ready Now What???

Post by mazda20 »

I have reviewed some of the past threads and the more I read them the more questions I get.<P>I have done the same steps as far as the turbo goes. I got a VJ-14 Hybrid Turbo, GTX Manifold, Intercooler, HKS BOV, and I have an Apexi S-AFC (On back Order).<P>Here is my problem first off I have heard that the Apexi S-AFC is nearly impossible to hook up to the 94 RS ECU. Second do I still need injectors from a 94 Protege, or RX-7 Fuel Pump, if I have the Apexi S-AFC?<P>Also would it be any easier to hook a 94 Protege ECU up to the Apexi S-AFC?
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
maldo

Re: VJ-14 Turbo........Ready Now What???

Post by maldo »

The S-AFC can only do so much with what it has, the stock injectors aren't much. I would definitely recommend the Pro injectors or similar larger set. If you can't afford a larger fuel pump, just rewire it directly off the battery with larger gauge wire to help with the voltage. (temporary fix until you decide to try for more power). You said that you have a VJ14 hybrid, what did you do to make it a hybrid. The only VJ series hybrid that is popular and proven to perform great is the VJ11/16 hybrid. <P>The S-AFC can't be all that difficult to wire up, I know that there has been some concerns as to what wires to use. Check the online shop manual if you don't already have one for the proper wires and colors. All you have to do is splice into signal wires.<P>The Pro LX ecu just plugs right into the MX-3 harness, there is nothing easier than that. If you were to use the Pro LX injectors with the ecu, there will be little need for the S-AFC, but there would still be a need for a rising rate FPR. Don't forget that the S-AFC can't compensate for large amounts of boost, it is only a tool to control injectors under "normal" conditions. If you want to go any higher than 10psi with the Pro ecu I would recommend a RR-FPR.<P>If you want to give the Pro injectors a try, I have an extra set. Send me an email if you are interested.<P>Don't forget that you will have to tap the oil pan for an oil return line.
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

I just sent you an email..<P>The company that does the hybrid turbo's link is below.<P><A HREF="http://www.dallasturbo.com./" TARGET=_blank>http://www.dallasturbo.com./</A>
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

Is the Protege ECU the same as the Protege LX ECU? Because I see that both have the 1.8 Liter.
My MX-3 Website
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

if i remember correctly, the pro lx ecu won't fit the dohc mx harness. only the sohc. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] just get the mx ecu reprogrammed with the b6t specs from el prototypes.<p>[ April 16, 2002: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

This sounds like a familiar thread again. So does it or not?
My MX-3 Website

Return to “Forced Induction”