Oxide on my 4

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Shoalinfist

Oxide on my 4

Post by Shoalinfist »

What is the limit of NOS that a could put on my stock 4-cyl?? And what mods should I make to add even more NOS??
MrsOzx

Re: Oxide on my 4

Post by MrsOzx »

I would not do it.
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
Shoalinfist

Post by Shoalinfist »

Why shouldn't I?? I don't want the swap, I just want to see how fast I can turn a 4-cyl. What are the effects of it on my motor? Can you give me some advise, or tips??
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Hey, I would do it....wait a minute... I did! You can run a fifty shot without a prob. You might need a clutch and to retart the timing a degree or so. Anything more that a fifty would need a different fuel pump and different plugs. Any more questions just ask. I can send you pics on how to do a fifty.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

the standard is that you dont want to run any more than half of the given hp the engine already generates...so a 50 shot would the largest shot on a 100hp motor...and so on. Obviously, you can go past that, but its a basic idea.<P><BR>Nitrous, if used properly isnt OVERLY hard on your engine, but it will be very hard on the tranny. Trannies just arent designed to take 50 hp bumps in a split second. <P>Also, i would retard timing more than 1 degree......one degree wont do much of anything. And especially on a b6, i wouldnt want to risk the engine by advancing it much. <P>Colder plugs are pretty much a must have. Being that they cost 1.59 each, there is no reason not to get them. <P>The last thing is that Nitrous will make any problem you have with your current motor a lot bigger. If youre pushing the envelop of how much power you have, then you dont need a little nickel and dime thing to destroy it all.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

I was not trying to say it is not a good idea.. It was just my personal openion. But see what I want to do Is do the swap first. Then go from there. I just would not want to risk (for the time being) messin anything up on my car. But let me know how it turns out.. Might change my mind.. Good luck!! :)
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
Shoalinfist

Post by Shoalinfist »

cjthor, if you can send the pics to give me something to go by alittle bit, send them. I think I'll go get 50 and see how my baby handles up. She's in really good shape so I know she can handle it. If I go larger than 50, what is the best fuel pump on the market that will work best for my car and the NOS?? Thanks for info, I'll let you know how it turns out. Listen out cause I might have more questions.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Hit me up on icq or aol and i can send you some pics. Look on my website for some pics. <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mudslinger7785" TARGET=_blank>www.geocities.com/mudslinger7785</A> <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shoalinfist:<BR><STRONG>cjthor, if you can send the pics to give me something to go by alittle bit, send them. I think I'll go get 50 and see how my baby handles up. She's in really good shape so I know she can handle it. If I go larger than 50, what is the best fuel pump on the market that will work best for my car and the NOS?? Thanks for info, I'll let you know how it turns out. Listen out cause I might have more questions.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

Return to “Forced Induction”