rebuild and turbo bolt on

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
marshmallow15

Re: rebuild and turbo bolt on

Post by marshmallow15 »

ok. one question...1.6l miata turbo kits will actually fit into the mx-3? and if so, i shouldn't use a miata turbo manifold and i should go with a different downpipe?
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
david103

Post by david103 »

to protegests:<P>i don't want to deal with an entire motor swap. maybe i'm dreaming when i say i'm going to replace the internals, but in the long run, i would want 300-400 hp in my car. i'm thinking really big with this whole turbo idea, and stock isn't a word i want associated with my car when i'm finished. i'm a dreamer with a pizza guy's wage. <P>dave
pakix2000

Post by pakix2000 »

In my humble opinion if you have a goal of 300-400 horses, it might be a better idea to invest in a bpt.<P>If you are going to replace the internals of your engine you will run up a very high bill. The cost of the parts such as pistons, rods, gaskets, new valve seals and lifter is very high. Plus you have to pay some to install them that isn't cheap. You have to pull the engine out and leave it out for a long time. The "turn around" time for a engine rebuild is very high.<P>The bpt is capable of reaching the amount of horse power you want. And probably for less. Infact i belive with a new turbo, a larger intercooler from a starion and a fuel managment system you will be in 300 hp range with reliabilty and horsepower to spare. It wouldn't cost more than what you are planning to do. <P>The wiring is a pain I understand that, but correct me if i'm wrong, for 300+ hp from the 1.6l is very difficult, and you will need some type of fuel managemnet, other than the Apex AFC.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by daverman:<BR><STRONG>to protegests:<P>i don't want to deal with an entire motor swap. maybe i'm dreaming when i say i'm going to replace the internals, but in the long run, i would want 300-400 hp in my car. i'm thinking really big with this whole turbo idea, and stock isn't a word i want associated with my car when i'm finished. i'm a dreamer with a pizza guy's wage. <P>dave</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
maldo

Post by maldo »

All that I did to modify the end tanks was take a chop saw and cut the curved pipes so that they were straight. I ran a bead of jb-weld and filed it down so the hoses would grap. This enabled the pipes to attach to the i/c using the very limited room between the bumper and rad. This is temporary but the piping is set up in such a way that when I can finally afford a GTR size core, all I have to do is shorten 2 pipes and connect them to the end tanks of the new i/c.
spitfire

Post by spitfire »

hey ya all my name is jesse and I am just starting to dip into the import scene and dont know anything about these rotary engines and i want to put a turbo under the hood of my 93 mx-3 gs but I have the v6 is it still posible
I am looking into a way to put turbo under the hood and will let you all know how where as soon as I find out
spitfire

Post by spitfire »

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:
I am looking into a way to put turbo under the hood and will let you all know how where as soon as I find out
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

If and when u are ready. I have experience with the dohc 1.6l engine. I have a number of links and alot of parts info. if interested i would even sell you a turbo kit built for the mx3. it comes with big front mount and everything u will need to push 350 hp(including fuel system upgrades, but not ignition).i understand what people are saying about the other engines. and i also understand where u r coming from- i know i dont want to be associated with anything being "stock". thats just my way of knowing that everything is bullet proof and capable of my punishment.they r right about one thing, it will be more money and more time. i have almost 3000 into my engine set-up and i am not even close to being finished yet. it would be safe to say that u could save money and do it for around 2000. but you are limiting yourself to what a b6t is capable of. i hope this helps you
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
maldo

Post by maldo »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I am just starting to dip into the import scene and dont know anything about these rotary engines and i want to put a turbo under the hood of my 93 mx-3 gs but I have the v6 is it still posible <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Rotary motors were never available in the MX-3, only the RX-7. Not much need to learn much about them then. Get the basic background of your motor solved first. It is possible to turbo the V6.<BR>Go to: <A HREF="http://www.probetalk.com" TARGET=_blank>www.probetalk.com</A> <A HREF="http://www.mazdamaniac.com" TARGET=_blank>www.mazdamaniac.com</A> <A HREF="http://www.storm.ca/~seanmatt/mx3gsr/" TARGET=_blank>www.storm.ca/~seanmatt/mx3gsr/</A> <P>Anyone who has done their research knows how to put the turbo in. Best thing to do is start checking those links.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> it would be safe to say that u could save money and do it for around 2000. but you are limiting yourself to what a b6t is capable of. i hope this helps you <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And what limitations are these? The b6t is the exact same motor as what is found in the DOHC MX-3 with lower CR and a turbo. The internals of the B6T can already handle 300hp quite easily without upgrading. I have seen a few example running 300-400whp in 323GTXs. Best to have a lot better information to back up a claim like that.
spitfire

Post by spitfire »

thanks ya all for all the help and links maldo what is the b6t capible of
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

i wasnt saying that the b6t isnt capable of that. I was saying that for 2,000 he could build a dohc 1.6l or get a stock b6t. in the end they would have around the same horsepower. everyone is a critic, <BR>===by the way i got all the info you need "mAlDo" <BR> :roll:
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

there is a memeber of the mx-3 communty that bolted a 323 turbo on his mx-3......<BR>just need to do a search of the registry<BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
powerman_5000

Post by powerman_5000 »

On speedvision there was a guy who had a rotary engine in a MX-3 and not a RX-7, but a MX-3. I don't know how, but that was what the announcer said when the guy was lining up his car. This was at the Battle of the Imports in Dimwhittey, VA and I believe it was the FWD class. Can someone clear some of this up?
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

the only rotary powered mx-3 that i know of is marcos acosta, but his is rwd. he has a 20B twin turbo w/nitrous.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by powerman_5000:<BR><STRONG>On speedvision there was a guy who had a rotary engine in a MX-3 and not a RX-7, but a MX-3. I don't know how, but that was what the announcer said when the guy was lining up his car. This was at the Battle of the Imports in Dimwhittey, VA and I believe it was the FWD class. Can someone clear some of this up?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I seen the same thing on Speedvision, but I think he meant the RX-7, and not the MX-3. I was puzzled when I heard him too!
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

I know I'm a little new to the MX-3 community, but what I want to know is; What are the Pros and Cons of Installing the b6t engine, instead of the 200hp KL-ZE engine? And How much would it cost? Also how much work is there (time consuming), to get both to at least 350hp?
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit

Return to “Forced Induction”