NOS help

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
simon

NOS help

Post by simon »

I have a couple questions:<BR>If you are going to run a 50 shot of nitrous how do you adjust your timing on a 4cyl mx?<P>what is the difference or advantage/disadvantage of a wet system vs. a dry system? Which is better for the car?<P>thanks in advance.
boostedmx

Re: NOS help

Post by boostedmx »

Depends on the mileage and condition of your ignition components. nos recomends retarding 2 degrees for a 50hp. definately have all your ignition parts replaced. should have plugs put in that are 1 stage colder.<BR> As for dry and wet systems. The dry system is fine up to a 75- 100 hp shot. a little risky because you dont know how well your fuel system is delivering fuel untill something happens(not often). nos relies on enrichment from the injectors to keep it safe. also run high octane fuel to help stop detonation. an adjustable fuel pressure regulator works great on these systems.<P> Wet systems(fogger kits) are alot harder to install and are alot more expensive(because of parts needed to comlete job and additional labor if taken somewhere),(removal of intake manifold is needed to plumb hard lines and install foggers). but the result is a much safer system and more power to play with(adjustable 80hp- 300hp, not to mention you can get a 12- 14 sec. blast with a fogger kit .dry kits are much shorter. <BR> <BR>I have the fogger kit jetted at 125 hp shot and ignoring what they told me I kept the regular heat range plugs (just got new ones), didnt adjust timing, and went! with the eception of an upgraded fuel system it is stock. hope this helps! :D<p>[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: boostedmx ]
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

ZEX makes good kits...very safe and very easy to install and operate<P>P.S. how do you advance your timing without the ECU setting it back to stock??
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
simon

Post by simon »

thanks alot, one more question though...<BR>how much did your fogger system cost to install? because it sounds alot better and saffer than the dry system.
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

I did the install myself. the kit costs 600 bucks. set aside another 150 for extra parts you may need. as i said before the intake manifold has to come off. be very careful drilling the holes in the manifold, alignment is very important also. when you get the kit make sure it comes with the right jets. <P>* also timing can be advanced and retarded by the computer. say the ignition timing is maxed out at 32 degrees btc at wot. if you retard the spark 2 degrees it only gets to 30 deg btc - possibly eliminating detonation. <BR>--they are trying to stop you from melting either the piston or the tip off your spark plug. it is always a very good idea to follow their directions---hope this helps
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
pakix2000

Post by pakix2000 »

How Do you advance and retard the timing?<BR>I know rotating the disty won't do any good, there are two sensors that won't let timing bo past 9-11 degrees advance ??
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Hello,<BR> All you need to do is adjust the base timing about a degree or two for a fifty shot. Check your manual on how to adjust the timing. I just loosened my disty and turned it just a tad. Has worked so far. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pakix2000:<BR><STRONG>How Do you advance and retard the timing?<BR>I know rotating the disty won't do any good, there are two sensors that won't let timing bo past 9-11 degrees advance ??</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
mixmastermark

Post by mixmastermark »

if i put in a nos kit will my engine be fucked in like 2 months?<BR>i;m really scared of loosing my enigne becuase i just had to get a new one<BR>thanks

Return to “Forced Induction”