MAJOR NORTH AMERICAN MEET MAY 2004!!!

Organizing An MX-3 Meet? Post Your Info Here.
Nd4SpdSe

Re: MAJOR NORTH AMERICAN MEET MAY 2004!!!

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

fyi, for the ottawa mazda meet. From the Niagara/Toronto, we were about 20 Mazda, only 3 of which was Mx-3's and what was only a 5 hour drive...I'm sure, or hope, what there would ahve been more since it was close date wise to Carlisle, most people had to make a choise, Ottawa or Carlisle...if Carlisle is around the same time of the year at the NY meet, we mey encounter the same problem
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
msbmx3

Post by msbmx3 »

posted January 13, 2004 10:38 AM | | | |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fyi, for the ottawa mazda meet. From the Niagara/Toronto, we were about 20 Mazda, only 3 of which was Mx-3's and what was only a 5 hour drive...I'm sure, or hope, what there would ahve been more since it was close date wise to Carlisle, most people had to make a choise, Ottawa or Carlisle...if Carlisle is around the same time of the year at the NY meet, we mey encounter the same problem

You are right i wish it could be later in the summer Like in july. But i dont think most people will people will make 2 big drives in a 3 month period. So people will still end up choosing between Carlise and NY.
We have tried and huge meet at Carlisle before but the most we ever got was 16 0r 17 and i been there the last 3 years. We just trying something that hasnt been done around here before in probably the greatest city in the world for what most of us think is the best car in the world :p
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I know its been mentioned before, but why dont we have the meet at Carlisle, hit 2 birds with 1 stone and maybe get some publicity as well
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
msbmx3

Post by msbmx3 »

Isnt that what i just said?? We tried Carlisle and it didnt work. This will be something different and better
RideLoudAndFast

Post by RideLoudAndFast »

it sounds like a lot of people are plaining on going to this one in NYC... i know i am... could we get a count mabe?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Originally posted by msbmx3:
Isnt that what i just said??
Originally posted by Nd4SpdSe:
I know its been mentioned before
Sorry that it didnt work, i'm just trying to think about stuff that will attract people down.
Originally posted by RideLoudAndFast:
it sounds like a lot of people are plaining on going to this one in NYC... i know i am... could we get a count mabe?
I count would be a good idea, but its innevitable that people will back out at the last minute...i know 2-3 people did for the ottawa trip. Thats not alow, but that would have doubled the ammount of Mx-3's from Toronto/Niagara, and there seemed more enthouiasm in the Ottawa Thread a year ago than this thread currently is.

If my car is running and im still in the area than, im in!...the only thing in question is that im done college in April, so it may affect my job situation, and possibly affect my vacationing.

<small>[ January 14, 2004, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</small>
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I'm in! I can choose to drive or maybe I'll ride my bicycle...I love living in Queens already, I dont gotta worry about the drive. :2thumbsup:
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
tical

Post by tical »

if i can get the couple things done that ive already started then you can count me in. if i can get my **** done, my car will definitly count more than just 1 more mx3!!!
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Carlisle, now Harrisburg is a great site. We use to have alot of guy from Canada come down for this show like Tekguy, Vaughn and Sean.

I missed last year, but it won't happen this year.

http://www.carlisleproductions.com/schedule/harrisburg/index.asp
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

so im guessing your not comming to the NY meet Zoso?
LooseChangeRacing

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

I'm completely serious about going to this meet. I live in New Hampshire and well I drive to Pennsylvania all the time, so it's not like the drive is hard or nothin, I know my way through new york quite well haha. This is what I'de like to see done, I know I'm not anyone special but. AN actual NAMELIST of who is coming FOR SURE 100% no backing out. Then, create a special forum for this meet. We can add to the list accordingly. Chose places located near certain large groups of people. People willing to give out cell phone numbers thats cool. I would love to make the drive with all sorts of people beside me. Meaning if all the canadians go down I wanna leave New Hampshire to meet them on 93 south or something like that. Basicly let's figure out the directions everyone is taking. The exact place to stay. Fiances were looking at. Don't worry bout the fact that it's in Queens, we'll definitly have more events this year!

Now for my personal donation to the event. I work in multimedia communication and all that fun stuff. I'll be glad to bring a camera then edit the footage taken and give you a final product DVD style. If you'd like to talk more about me actually doing this let me know. Otherwise I'm just bringing about 30 rolls of 35mm and taking pictures everywhere haha!

Everyone, make sure to bring tools theres going to be alot of fixin down here :)
Oh and make sure to bring your parts you wanna sell too.

LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN LIKE IT SHOULD!
LET'S MAKE THIS THE LARGEST MX-3 MEET EVER!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
bugz

Post by bugz »

FOR ALL OF US WEST COASTERS WHO CANT ATTEND IM PRETTY SURE ITS ALOT, OF US WISHERS FOR NYC, WE NEED TO GET A HUGE MEET IN PORTLAND OR SEATTLE AND GET ALL CALIF UP HERE AND CANS DOWN. ANYONE THINKING OF HAVING A HUGE PROBE AND MX3 TAKE OFF??? THAD BE FUN, CAUSE THERE ARE LOTS OF PROBERS! WE CAN TAKE EM!!! NOT TO MENTION THOSE INTEGRA THAT THINK THERE THE **** GSR PEOPLES, I WISH WE COULD SET THE RECORDS STRAIGHT? ANYONE THINK IM NUTS????
92GS.KLze 2.5 ,CT26 TURBO,40K MILES,Ram air intake,2.5 cat back,coming.pullys,cams,Pistons,
valves & springs,venom injectors.
tical

Post by tical »

no your not nutz. where i live, my car is well known for its performance, pretty high on the totum pole. ive pretty much grown up here so i know just about everyone. ive got the best mx out of like 4-5 enthused mx owners. i was once invited into a car club when i was gettin off work. they were standing in the parking lot lookin at my car when i got off.
i felt good that day... :pimp: :pimp:
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
seneca

Post by seneca »

Well,
I guess I just caught the tail end of this post! I would love to come down...but in live in Pembroke, Ont. (2 hours north of Ottawa) I would not have the greatest clue of where to go! lol If there are any other meets in Ontario, Quebec, or Northern US PLZ lemme know! Once my baby is done...I want to show her off! And see what else is out there...plus the meet and greet etc.!
thx,
Tyson
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.
KingJoe

Post by KingJoe »

Personally, I think it should be held in Atlantic City.... Plenty of room for all of us..... And the hotel rates there aren't that bad either..... And I haven't heard of anyone being afraid to drive there.....

Just My 2 Cents,
King Joe :pimp:

Return to “MX-3 Meets”