yellowish headlamps

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
heatherc

yellowish headlamps

Post by heatherc »

is there a way to clean the inside of my headlamps? i guess i could replace them but if someone could tell me how to remove them maybe i could save a few bucks....<P> Image <BR>hgcmx3
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Re: yellowish headlamps

Post by masonholmes »

hey, do you mean how to take the headlights apart or take the headlights all the way apart? Alot of that color is actually on the outside. Take some sort of plastic polish to them if you haven't already. There is a sight or two that explains how to actually take the headlights themselves apart but you're really not sposed to and it's not the easiest thing to do. (I'm not going to try it anyways) I could dig up the sight if you want. Email me personally if you want any more info! (I don't really mess around in here much)<BR>mason<BR>MX3SE
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

my bad, LOL<BR>masonholmes@hotmail.com Image<P>mason<BR>MX3SE

masonholmes@hotmail.com
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

If it's only the yellow color you don't like, you could buy plasma blue headlight bulbs. They look nice but their illegal I think. 9004 is the type of bulb. They look pretty nice on my car.<P>------------------<BR>Brainless<BR>93 Red RS<BR><A HREF="http://www.Geocities.com/j_micho" TARGET=_blank>geocities.com/j_micho</A> (last update 30/07/2001)
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

na, she's not talking about the light produced itself. her headlights are getting dingy, like mine are.<BR>later yo,<P>mason<BR>MX3SE

masonholmes@hotmail.com
Ivy Mike

Post by Ivy Mike »

Mine are about the same color as a sixty year old cigar smoker's teeth. I have been trying to get the lid off them, but no luck. Someone posted an explanation on this board a while ago about how to clean it. Or, i found this pair for sale if you just want new ones.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.planetsalvage.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.planetsalvage.com</A> <BR>Order I.D.# : (220824)<BR>Password : pst37543<p>[This message has been edited by Ivy Mike (edited August 08, 2001).]
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

go to like Pep boys or something. Get the stuff called BLUE MAGIC... It works. i swear. I won't restore to BRAND NEW... but use it on one light....stand back and see the huge difference. The stuff is great. Its also good for cleaning bugs and bird s--- off your car.
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
wilson

Post by wilson »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brainless:<BR><B>If it's only the yellow color you don't like, you could buy plasma blue headlight bulbs. They look nice but their illegal I think. 9004 is the type of bulb. They look pretty nice on my car.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Are you sure they're illegal?? I see a s--- load of cars driving around here with blue headlights. And they come standard on a few benz's<P>
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Has anyone found a place where you can get a crystal clear headlight setup for MX-3?
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
92MX3GS

Post by 92MX3GS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wilson:<BR><B> Are you sure they're illegal?? I see a s--- load of cars driving around here with blue headlights. And they come standard on a few benz's<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Not all of them are illegal. They must meet SAE requirements. Some even say on the box "100% Legal". If they put that on the box and they turn out to be illegal in your area, then I'll bet you could sue them for it.
Ivy Mike

Post by Ivy Mike »

BIG props to SmokyMcGee!<BR>That Blue Magic stuff totally worked. I can see the bulb through the front of the lamp again. Just took one coating too. Made my tailfin look nice 'n shiney too.<BR>Thanx much<BR>IM<BR>(i think i'm going to post a link to a picture, just so you can see how stoked i am)<p>[This message has been edited by Ivy Mike (edited August 11, 2001).]
jojo2k23

Post by jojo2k23 »

I was able to remove the light assembly but couldnt get the clear cover off no matter what i did.Any suggestion or does any one know how much they are brand new out the box?
jojo2k23

Post by jojo2k23 »

mxcess

Post by mxcess »

If I'm not mistaken, I think the new Benz comes with H.I.D. headlights which give off a blue tint. I think there are conversion kits available if you have a fat wallet. They're available at JCWhitney for around $800.00. I think I will stick to just plain white. Image On another note, I just bought some Pilot Dual Series driving/park lights from Autozone that have a blue colored park light. I haven't hooked them up yet, but will post with results when completed. Anyone else have these out there? Model #PL-240W? Well, my fingers are tired now. Image<BR> Hope this helps,<BR> Robert
mxcess

Post by mxcess »

P.S.- I used Scratch Out from Kit to remove the yellow from the headlights. It works, but doesn't take long for the grime to build back up.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”