Tickets

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Re: Tickets

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

You obviously aren't in your lower to mid 20s and you don't gotta deal with NYPD. If I got out the car they'd draw guns, search the car, interrogate you and search me. So I'll take my chances with them following me. And their is no way to avoid tickets out here really. I've got a ticket for passing on the right?? WTF is that? Everybody weaves through lanes out here and I was only moving out the way for a cop car on the highway who was going way over the limit. When I switched lanes to let him through he pulled me over. :shrug:
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

I got my MX-3 2 years ago when I was 25, and I have never been pulled over in it once. I got a ticket last year in a BMW for speeding, but nothing in my MX. :) I drive home evey night on the highway and do about 120-130KPH (about 70MPH)all the way home (about 30 min) I dont "weave" in and out of trafic, thats dangerous, that why the police pull those people over, if the trafic is to thick then I just go at whatever the pace is, sometimes I have to do 80-90KPH(about 50MPH).

On the Highway I would not pull over if a cop was following me for no reason, but in the city I would, I would pull into the nearest driveway or business and if he turned in (which I would highly doubt) I would get out and ask why he was following me. Not " Yo ******, why you up in my grill?"
Just "excuse me officer, can I ask why you were following me?"

unless your black, then just turn into a business and go inside and wait for the cops to leave.

<small>[ April 03, 2004, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: curtklze ]</small>
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Phat93Mx3

Post by Phat93Mx3 »

Originally posted by mnuckols:
Yeah, i'm also in the ONLY STATE that does not allow radar detectors...go figure :D I bought one anyway for when I travel to Myrtle Beach...won't use it here but I was wondering what you guys think the punishment would be for using it here.
I live around Richmond and used to sell radar detectors for a catalog company...if i'm not mistaken all the po-po's can do is cease the thing and give you a minimal ticket..+/- $50.00..it's not a big deal, but if you get caught with one, then you're asking for the whole searchin the vehicle, etc....I'm not gonna fool with them but i've been told by many folks that simply fabbin up some aluminum foil right behind your license plate would work (a small piece like 4" by 4" since that's how big the "punch through" from the radar gun is)Also, we used to sell radar JAMMING equipment....totally undetectable until you're within 100 feet...go figure!! :werd:
PHRASE "The Fast and the Furious" equals "The Slow and the Silly"

TERM "Sleeper" equals your a$$ just got handed to you... =)
BNSracingClaff

Post by BNSracingClaff »

I think I've been pulled over twice in my Mazda, resulting in one warning and one ticket. The warning was after a long day at the track (Thunder Road) up in Vermont, it took me forever to find an open gas station around midnight and when I finally did and could actually make it home (3 hour ride) I merged onto I-91 and quickly ramped it up to 75 only to get pulled over and told that the speed limit on the stretch of highway I merged onto was a 55 zone and not a 65... I said "oops" and got let off.

The ticket came in Troy, NY three or four years ago on a stupid mid-week morning where I was headed for the airport and running way behind, doing stupid things in traffic and going way too fast when I knew I already pretty much had no shot at making my flight. Got stopped for doing 50 in a 30 zone, took my lumps and paid the fine.
de_sjiem

Post by de_sjiem »

I've been pulled over 4 times in my whole life.. gotten 3 tickets, not one of them for the full amount that i was speeding.. and not a single one of them in my MX-3.. they were all in a ford tempo! (my first and previous car... no surprise i really like my MX-3...) but i dont drive the mx-3 as fast as i did my tempo just cuz i'm scared of getting more tickets (Insurance is already through the roof... )
GoT_DaT_Mx3_Se

Post by GoT_DaT_Mx3_Se »

i got pulled once. on my way home from krispy kreme. two chick cops said "we heard your music five minutes away!!" ok... it was a lil loud. but then they brought a dog to search my car, accused me of being a pothead (which im NOT), and went through my purse. they ended up taking my tylenol(can they DO that??) and donuts(no lie)!!! but they didnt give me a ticket!! im glad!! if they did it wouldda been around $250.
.: Lara :.
.: Special Edition :.
.: Raspberry Metallic :.
.: 1993 Mazda MX-3 V6 :.
.: Check it out http://www.cardomain.com/id/mahmx3 :.
Reprobation14

Post by Reprobation14 »

Oye, i have a problem with speed. Im addicted to it.

I've been pulled over 5 times for speeding.

1st: Buick Regal - 55 in a 30
-Outcome: Arrested. Poss. of Illegal Weapon
2nd: Buick Regal - 42 in a 20
-Outcome: dismissed.
3rd: MX-3 70 in a 55
-Outcome: breathalizer and dissmissed.
4th MX-3 68 in a 60
-Outcome: Warning
5th MX-3 94 in a 60
-Outcome: Ticket $328 for "exessive use of speed."

sad thing is.. when im speeding, i don't even notice it until im going around 90-100. REALLY bad habbit. I'd be fked if my mom wasn't friends with the guy that owns the insurance co. :D

-Chris
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

I've had 3 tickets, one for an accident when driving a friend's car (fell asleep at the wheel), and two for speeding in my MX-3. One was a rainy night going to move my last things to my new place and went over the 2nd narrows bridge at 90. cops nailed me for being in a 70 zone.

The other one was I went down a hill then hit 70 in a 50 zone... ticket.
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

i have gotten 2 carless drving and 2 speeding within 4 months, on one of the carelesses i could have gotten arrested for impersanation an officer no lights, neons, going 75 in a 35,exhaust and passing on the right, and then on top of all they they said they could take my car :crying: but i took it to court and got away with a suspension for 3 months not bad after all that :2thumbsup:
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
Split Sixer

Post by Split Sixer »

Ok i got my first ticket last friday for failing to display 2 licence plates. I dive with only one on the back because i liek the look of the front bumper without a plate on it. Besides i figured cops had better things to do then pull people over for dumb **** like that
well the fine was $110, and i now have 2 plates on my car. I sure am gratefull that cop mended my wicked ways. Just think of all the live i put at risk, driving with only one plate. Thats just sick!
Splixer
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Originally posted by Split Sixer:
Ok i got my first ticket last friday for failing to display 2 licence plates. I dive with only one on the back because i liek the look of the front bumper without a plate on it. Besides i figured cops had better things to do then pull people over for dumb **** like that
well the fine was $110, and i now have 2 plates on my car. I sure am gratefull that cop mended my wicked ways. Just think of all the live i put at risk, driving with only one plate. Thats just sick!
The funny thing about that is that pickup trucks only need to show the front. Now thats a double standard.
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

ive got one like 3 weeks ago, I was going west on street and cop was going east, then as he passes me I see this young idiot cop eyeballing me and I just watch him in rear view mirror as he passed me. I see him quickly making U-turn and following me I make quick turn right and then pass block and make another turn and then I see him punching it just to catch up to me and finally he flips "tree" on. Im like 'crap' So I pull over and hes like smiling 'were you trying to get away from me?" im like no, so hes like 'reason I stopped you is cause you dont have front license place mounted blah blah" But I have it on my dash. Well he then gave me ticket for no insurance card (had it at ..home) but no ticket for no plate. Got that insurance dropped lol, stupid moron cop.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
synap
Supporting Member

Post by synap »

Got my first ticket ever a about a month ago. Supposedly I was doing ~120km/h in a 70km/h zone. :mad: that pissed me off, ticket for speeding and a warning because I didn't sign the registration card. oops. first ticket ever!
Pearl-JapSpec

Post by Pearl-JapSpec »

too many tickets too count
1 for improper muffler - dropped
like 7 for speeding - 3 stuck/radar

the creme de le crepe was when i took my mom's 2 day old 2003 mercedes c230 kompresson with my g1, got caught doing 80km/h in a 60 zone, didnt have the ownership(couldnt find it), n they towed the car...

wasnt the smartest thing ive ever done.
right now my license is suspended for demerit points, another 2 weeks till i get it back.
Car Out Of Order For Now...
2 weeks In counting till re-incarnation!!
New G-Force Front Bumper!!
-_-_-_- Pics On Site -_-_-_-
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3_junkee
jplar

Post by jplar »

Ticket 1: summer 2002. Speeding 75 in a 55 zone.
Outcome: charge reduced from 20 over to 14 over. Fined and license took a points hit.
Ticket 2: winter 2003. Speeding 76 in a 65 zone. Reckless driving.
Outcome: reckless driving dropped. fined and given written warning (opposed to losing points on my license).

Both times the officer was more than generous and fair.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”