serious question

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Noobi

Re: serious question

Post by Noobi »

Yeah, I plan on test-driving a GS when I can find a decent one around this area for a good price.

One concern I do have is headroom. I'm not a giant or anything, but at 6'1"-6'2", headroom is a concern. I test drove an Eclipse GT and there wasn't much headroom in that. That's one good thing about the Civic. Even tho it is a pretty small car, it has nice head room. So if the MX-3 has a decent ammount of headroom, then I'm set. It's just a matter of waiting for a good deal to come around. In the meantime, I'm just trying to educate myself.

<small>[ March 30, 2004, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Noobi ]</small>
Silver O1 Miata LS 6spd
http://www.cardomain.com/id/noobiata
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

Originally posted by mitmaks:
just what ive said lol
yeah but when i began typing that post your post wasnt there I left my comp for like a min and got sidetracked so it took me like 30 mins to finish it lol

Originally posted by Redlined:
Yeah an mx-3 with a klze will blow the doors off any civic! and the stock 99 civic SI does not have near 160hp. My friends SI was dynoed and he ran about 109hp. The SIR on the other hand has 160 but maybe thats what you meant. Anyway dont mean to ragg on anyone. Mx-3 is such a nicer car and so much more rare then those 200 civics you will see on the way to work everyday!
The american SI is the equivalent to the Canadian SiR. they just named it different thats all. and as for the dyno was that 109whp? because what I stated was manufacturers claims of hp and we all know manufacturers measure their hp at the engine.
advantiracing

Post by advantiracing »

lol but i hope ur ok getting an old car (since they stopped making the V6 model in 94, and stopped mx3's in 96)

mines a 95 gs-v6.. does that mean it was made in 94?
K8- MP5 kit Midnight Black -

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/560405
Noobi

Post by Noobi »

The MX-3's aren't too terribly old. If I could get one for between $2k and $3.5k and get a few years out of it, I would be happy. I actually like the way they look, I think it's a cool looking little car.
Silver O1 Miata LS 6spd
http://www.cardomain.com/id/noobiata
Holte999

Post by Holte999 »

Go, for the V6. However my previous Honda was a lot more comfortable. But who wants comfort when you can hear the V6 pulling you.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by Noobi:
Yeah, I plan on test-driving a GS when I can find a decent one around this area for a good price.

One concern I do have is headroom. I'm not a giant or anything, but at 6'1"-6'2", headroom is a concern. I test drove an Eclipse GT and there wasn't much headroom in that. That's one good thing about the Civic. Even tho it is a pretty small car, it has nice head room. So if the MX-3 has a decent ammount of headroom, then I'm set. It's just a matter of waiting for a good deal to come around. In the meantime, I'm just trying to educate myself.
I'm 5'10" and my hair scrapes the headliner. I don't like extra room in a car, though. I like a glove-like fit.
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

hehe, i'm 6'2" and i got no problem. in the RX8, however, my head was touching! keep in mind my hair is spiked up around 1.5" haha
~ sam
92 Autozam AZ3
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

Yea, I'm 6'0 and I don't have a problem...mx-3 seats are very low which I like a lot. Actually the only compliments I've gotten from the interior were the seat comfort and style.
Redlined

Post by Redlined »

yeah sorry johnnyb forget I was on a mostly american site here hahaha.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”